vacation/FT question

nystripe96

Ok so I'm a PT loader with my vacation week booked for the end of June. I have my road test in a few weeks & wanted to know if I lose my vacation week if I go FT driving before June? I have a bunch of unused OPH days left as well

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
In my building you take the weeks you scheduled. When I went full time center manager tried to make me re pick at the bottom of the driver list. Take the weeks you picked this year the times you picked. It'll be forever before you get good choices anyway, make them count!!

CaptainObvious

When I went ft driving they cashed me out on all my vacation, optional, and sick days. And YES I lost the time I had already scheduled off. That was 19 years ago so things may be different now.

barnyard

KTM rider
When I went ft driving they cashed me out on all my vacation, optional, and sick days. And YES I lost the time I had already scheduled off. That was 19 years ago so things may be different now.

It was the same thing for me 10 years ago.

Like many things regarding wages and vacations, your absolute best bet is to get a copy of the contract and read it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my building you take the weeks you scheduled. When I went full time center manager tried to make me re pick at the bottom of the driver list. Take the weeks you picked this year the times you picked. It'll be forever before you get good choices anyway, make them count!!

Suppose the week that you had scheduled as a PTer was closed and there were FTers who wanted the week and couldn't get it---how would this be fair? You are in a new classification and while you don't lose the vacation time you do lose the week that you had scheduled.

dcdriver

nations capital
Suppose the week that you had scheduled as a PTer was closed and there were FTers who wanted the week and couldn't get it---how would this be fair? You are in a new classification and while you don't lose the vacation time you do lose the week that you had scheduled.
wrong wrong

you get the vacation when you bid even if you take a new classification.

Nimnim

The Nim
I haven't spoken to anyone in PC in my location about this, but I have spoken to a few 22.3s. The vacation weeks they picked were honored, but since they didn't work enough time in the year as FT they only received PT hours for those vacation weeks. After a year it was all settled and they got FT vacation time based on the weeks available in their new position.

While not idea, I see how it happens and understand it.