Vacation (on topic)

Mo19072

So I got my seniority on 06/28/19. I’m eligible for vacation 06/28/20 which I’m taking in August. When will be my next earn date for vacation?
Is it January 1st or is it always on my anniversary? Thanks

542thruNthru

So I got my seniority on 06/28/19. I’m eligible for vacation 06/28/20 which I’m taking in August. When will be my next earn date for vacation?

Typically you earn vacation on your seniority date but you pick vacation during whatever time vacation selection is in your contract.

So here we pick vacation in January. If it were the same for you, you wouldn't be able to use vacation till after 6/28 but you would still pick your week by seniority in January.

Mo19072

Typically you earn vacation on your seniority date but you pick vacation during whatever time vacation selection is in your contract.

So here we pick vacation in January. If it were the same for you, you wouldn't be able to use vacation till after 6/28 but you would still pick your week by seniority in January.
So my vacation has to be between 6/28 and end of year every year thereafter?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you have only been there a year and already got an August vacation? That's unheard of.
Not really anymore.

Senior guys split up lots of weeks into single days. We only have maybe 50% of summer weeks totally full.

PT Car Washer

We pick vacations in November. Should give management plenty of time to plan for peak Summer vacations. Never does.

Brownslave688

No. Say I have 14 years in and I hit 15 in September. My 4 weeks I have can be taken anytime after Jan 1. The 5th week that I get for year 15 can only be taken after my seniority date in September. For year 16 all weeks can be taken after Jan 1.

ManInBrown

No. Your vacations will refresh every year on your seniority date but you will pick when they do vacation picks. So for example they do picks Jan 2021. If you only have one week you can’t use it till 6-28-2021. You have until 6-28-2022 to use it. You pick in Jan but you can only choose weeks where you will have the vacation time in the bank.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not really anymore.

Senior guys split up lots of weeks into single days. We only have maybe 50% of summer weeks totally full.
Can you split all your vacation up into single days now? That's nice. We always had to use a week at a time and the summer weeks were the first to fill. I knew guys who had been there for 12-15 years who had never had a summer vacation. Opening deer hunting week was always the same 4 guys for years.

542thruNthru

Can you split all your vacation up into single days now? That's nice. We always had to use a week at a time and the summer weeks were the first to fill. I knew guys who had been there for 12-15 years who had never had a summer vacation. Opening deer hunting week was always the same 4 guys for years.

Damn only 4 guys off a week. 14 a week is our minimum/maximum

Brownslave688

You can split two of your weeks into single days. I did it one year. Never again. If I need a single day I’ll call in.

Brownslave688

November (the rut) takes 20+ years to get off here lol

Mo19072

Only after 10 years of service in my building

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
@rod wants to come back

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You’ll work your vacation anyways, I can smell a rabbit