Vacation pay after disability

jds1973

I was on short term disability from April to August. I had 4 weeks of vacation during these months. I was told I couldn't get vacation pay while I was collecting STD. I have been back to work for 5 weeks and still haven't been paid for them. Sup has told me each week it should be with this weeks check and each week still no pay. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm in local 710.

Re-Raise

I am also in 710. I was out on comp for 2 months this spring and was told that I couldn't "double dip" and get a comp check and a vacation check for the same week.

They told me that I could reschedule my vacations when I got back to work. Like we have the coverage to make that happen?!

I told them I am taking the week after Christmas then.

I think they have to pay off any unused vacation time at the beginning of December if they can't give you the time off.

jds1973

I am also in 710. I was out on comp for 2 months this spring and was told that I couldn't "double dip" and get a comp check and a vacation check for the same week.

They told me that I could reschedule my vacations when I got back to work. Like we have the coverage to make that happen?!

I told them I am taking the week after Christmas then.

I think they have to pay off any unused vacation time at the beginning of December if they can't give you the time off.
Don't understand how they can just wait until December to pay for vacations that were already scheduled. Should be able to collect them when a you return to work.

Cementups

Box Monkey
When I was off for my first stint of 5 months on STD for my broken arm last year and my gall bladder out and another 7 weeks off, I got all my vacation that was due to me. The only thing I did not get was my holidays paid in that time.