Vacation Pay for 2018....

danlin

I retired with 39 years of service as of July 28 2017. Started receiving pension payment on August 1 and also my retiree healthcare, so all is good on that front. I also managed to use all 7 weeks of my 2017 vacations BEFORE I retired. This year I have accumulated 1493 working hours. So the question becomes will I receive my 6 weeks of vacation pay for 2018? I should mention that last week I did receive an overnight letter with a 50 hour live check for an option week? I guess that would be for 2018..

Shiftless

I retired with 39 years of service as of July 28 2017. Started receiving pension payment on August 1 and also my retiree healthcare, so all is good on that front. I also managed to use all 7 weeks of my 2017 vacations BEFORE I retired. This year I have accumulated 1493 working hours. So the question becomes will I receive my 6 weeks of vacation pay for 2018? I should mention that last week I did receive an overnight letter with a 50 hour live check for an option week? I guess that would be for 2018..

I left with 30 years in the Western Region and actually left the company physically on a set day at the age of 49. 3 months later I turned 50, still an employee. Started getting my retirement deposits. Went almost another 3 months of payroll checks after my first Union retirement check. Catch was the Payroll clerk ran all my Vacation, Saved Vacation, Sick days, Saved Sick days, Holidays all into weekly checks. Biggest stack of payroll checks I had ever seen and they were all mine! BEST PAYROLL CLERK EVER!

I had a plan to AMF that place! I had saved vacations, sick days, for years so I could get the door closed on that part of my life and open the next one! All you have to do is PLAN YOUR EXIT!

Bad Gas!

You will get all 2018 paychecks if you worked 156 days. If you were short 15 days, you may qualify for 5 weeks vaca. The key is you may have to get in touch with HR and initiate your pay getting g started. I'm in the same boat but am working til Aug 31st to get my 156 reports..I will have around 170.. Now I'm looking for an hr rep..

You will get all 2018 paychecks if you worked 156 days. If you were short 15 days, you may qualify for 5 weeks vaca. The key is you may have to get in touch with HR and initiate your pay getting g started. I'm in the same boat but am working til Aug 31st to get my 156 reports..I will have around 170.. Now I'm looking for an hr rep..
Not trying to be a dick, here. But why would someone retire without asking these questions first??

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Not trying to be a dick, here. But why would someone retire without asking these questions first??
IMG_0389.GIF
IMG_0884.GIF

Bad Gas!

They should ask the questions. Ups hr reps aren't ready available in most buildings to ask these questions though. They are stretched thin like your management team on steroids. Factor in that as a driver you don't have much time available to hunt down these people that aren't available.Phone messages are left and calls aren't returned..Youwill see one day soon..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They should ask the questions. Ups hr reps aren't ready available in most buildings to ask these questions though. They are stretched thin like your management team on steroids..........Phone messages are left and calls aren't returned..Youwill see one day soon..

I'm in a small hub that my Division is run out of and the HR staff is totally clueless whenever I go to them over something. They just look at me with a blank stare if you ask them about going out with an injury or any kind of retirement questions. They mainly just seem to be there to handle the massive turnover of new hires.

tireknocker

What's your seniority date?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Isn't there a clause in the contract the employee has to work at least one day in the following year to receive the vacations? Lemme look it up right quick

Edit Southern Supplement Art 61 section A
(A) To be eligible for employees' full vacation during the first (1st) calendar year in which the employee was employed, an employee must have worked one hundred and fifty-six (156) reports, but need not to have been employed for the full calendar year

I'm also in Central States and retired July 27 2017. Had to make my last day on Thursday so I wouldn't be late for my party on Friday night. I received my check in the mail less than 3 weeks later. It was just like a regular paycheck run through a postal meter. The amount is based on hours worked from your full time seniority date. You need 1250 of straight time for the full amount. My date was in March and I had about 800 hours credit so I got about 2/3 of my vacation and option week