Vacation pay if you didn’t use all your hours?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ohioups, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Ohioups

Ohioups New Member

I didn’t use all my hours so I know I’ll get paid out but my hours came off the time card this week haven’t been paid yet will that check come this week coming up?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Vacations and unpaid personal/sick days are normally paid out on or around the 15th of this month.

3. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Pretty sure vacation checks are given out a couple weeks before vacation- not at the end of the year. Maybe that's how it is where you work. Lol.

4. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

The OP did not use his vacation to get the pay two weeks in advance of the vacation. At the end of the year, the company pays you for it and you lose the time to take off until the next rotation.

5. ResetSouthBelt

ResetSouthBelt New Member

My Supervisor told me the 12th of December so we’ll see

6. What'dyabringmetoday???

I guess I fell into the trap of forgetting that it is different everywhere. Here, you bid all vacations at beginning of the year. Also- you are not supposed to work through vacations here (which sound like what you are saying happened). Of course- why would you? Meth addiction I guess...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. scooby0048

Yeah here in Central, we select our vacations in November for the next year. It sounds like the OP had some option days or anniversary days that he never got to use so they paid him for them.

In the central, we get two option days on our anniversary date. Some get them at the beginning of the year, some get them on their anniversary. For example, I get my anniversary days at the end of September. I have until Thanksgiving to use them or I lose the ability to take them and they will pay me.

And everywhere should be banned from working through previously selected vacations. It just F*s those that really want or need the time only to have the week taken and then worked.

8. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

use it or lose it

9. What'dyabringmetoday???

So unless I'm confused, vacations are bid in advance so he should have gotten paid at time of vacation.

10. What'dyabringmetoday???

..."in my location ". Paid in advance here.

11. Ohioups

Ohioups New Member

I had 18 hours that I didn’t get to use tried to use them in November and they denied the vacation days

12. scooby0048

I see the confusion. You're right, vacations scheduled in advance would have gotten paid.
    @Ohioups
    Are you part time? How did you end up with 18 hours of vacation that didn't get used?

13. AwashBwashCwash

AwashBwashCwash Active Member

They asked everyone in my building about their vacation time next year except for me.

14. scooby0048

You've been fired, stop showing up.

15. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

Unused option and personal days get paid out in December here. Use em' or take the money

16. What'dyabringmetoday???

Yes- I was referring to vacation pay though. And in this neck of the woods you get it prior to your selected week.

17. Their is an option to put that in your 401k