Vacation pay if you quit???

ManInBrown

Does anyone know how vacation pay works at Express if you quit? Do you get paid for the amount of weeks you have? Do you have to quit after June 1st to get paid for them? The weeks I am wondering about are my 2013-2014 vacation weeks. None left from 2012-2013 just to make that clear. What is the cutoff date that you have to stay till to get paid for them? How about personals and floaters? Do you get paid for them? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer these questions

vantexan

Does anyone know how vacation pay works at Express if you quit? Do you get paid for the amount of weeks you have? Do you have to quit after June 1st to get paid for them? The weeks I am wondering about are my 2013-2014 vacation weeks. None left from 2012-2013 just to make that clear. What is the cutoff date that you have to stay till to get paid for them? How about personals and floaters? Do you get paid for them? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer these questions

I believe vacation is accrued by the month. If you left now you'd get whatever vacation time you haven't taken plus the accrued time for next fiscal year's vacations. Not sure how they treat floating holidays, pretty sure you'd lose personal days. In the buyout FAQ posted on the homepage they explained how all that is handled.

ManInBrown

I believe vacation is accrued by the month. If you left now you'd get whatever vacation time you haven't taken plus the accrued time for next fiscal year's vacations. Not sure how they treat floating holidays, pretty sure you'd lose personal days. In the buyout FAQ posted on the homepage they explained how all that is handled.
So another words I would not get my 4 weeks of 2013-2014 vacation time if I quit after June 1st?

MAKAVELI

So another words I would not get my 4 weeks of 2013-2014 vacation time if I quit after June 1st?
I would check your state laws out here in Cali you would get all your vacation and personal and floaters. You gotta love California.

vantexan

No, you'll get your time accrued in the 2012-2013 fiscal year after May 31st. In other words, for example, if you have 4 weeks coming to you at the start of the fiscal year, June 1st, and you quit on August 1st without having taken any vacation, you'll get the 4 weeks PLUS the vacation days that accrued in June and July.

ManInBrown

No, you'll get your time accrued in the 2012-2013 fiscal year after May 31st. In other words, for example, if you have 4 weeks coming to you at the start of the fiscal year, June 1st, and you quit on August 1st without having taken any vacation, you'll get the 4 weeks PLUS the vacation days that accrued in June and July.
That's good news. So if I quit June 1st 2013, I get the full 4 weeks vacation that was coming to me in 2013-2014? Just so I am sure I understand you

DRAisawesome

Wait till after June 1st to quit. they would owe you a years vacation plus any sick time they would pay out for the previous year. Good luck. This will be better for you wherever you go.

Myort

You do not earn any vacation time during June and July. You only earn it in the final 10 months of the fiscal year so it is easier to calculate. Someone that gets 4 weeks of vacation a year (160 hours) earns 16 hours per month between August and May. If you are employed after the 15th of that month, you earn vacation for that month.