Vacation Pay

jlphotog

I start my first vacation at UPS in two weeks. I have been told by numerous drivers and one supe that the vacation pay is paid out two weeks before your first week of vacation. So I should have received it this past Friday. I DID NOT!

I went to talk to the supe that told me two weeks and he said I'd better go talk to the center manager. So I did. The center manager tells me, no no, everyone else is wrong. It's one week prior.

Does it sound like the center manager neglected to put in for my vacation pay and he is just trying to cover his tracks now?

How long after he puts in for it will it take to be deposited in my account?

tritese

tritese
we get our pay the friday before vacation starts.........:thumbup1: has been this way as long as i have been with ups (18 yrs)........also, should be deposited that same day........

HazMatMan

I start my first vacation at UPS in two weeks. I have been told by numerous drivers and one supe that the vacation pay is paid out two weeks before your first week of vacation. So I should have received it this past Friday. I DID NOT!

I went to talk to the supe that told me two weeks and he said I'd better go talk to the center manager. So I did. The center manager tells me, no no, everyone else is wrong. It's one week prior.

Does it sound like the center manager neglected to put in for my vacation pay and he is just trying to cover his tracks now?

How long after he puts in for it will it take to be deposited in my account?

It's paid to you the week before. So for instance if you were on vacation starting tomorrow 9/17/07 and ending 9/22/07 you would have gotten a vacation check this past Thursday 9/13/07 or if you get paid on Fridays you would have got it on 9/14/07. You should have picked your vacation week last year for this year, they come around in November asking people for their vacation picks for the following year. Trust me dude, I am just coming off vacation week myself and got the check the week before. When did you put in for that week off??

jlphotog

Our entire center picked vacations in February and that is when I booked mine.

It just bothers me that the other drivers I talked to said they got their vacation pay two weeks in advance, but I didn't. It really doesn't matter to me when I get it as long as it's before I go.

browned_out

:confused:1 I have been at Ups for 18 years and it has always been that you recieve your vacation check the week before you go. We get our paychecks on thursday so you would recieve two paychecks if you were on vacation the following week.

DS

Fenderbender
jlphotog,I work out of Toronto so I`d assume its the same for all of Canada.You should get your vaca pay a week before you are scheduled off.If your holiday starts Mon Oct 1st,you should get paid Fri Sept 21st.

HazMatMan

jlphotog,I work out of Toronto so I`d assume its the same for all of Canada.You should get your vaca pay a week before you are scheduled off.If your holiday starts Mon Oct 1st,you should get paid Fri Sept 21st.

Hey DS, don't you mean Friday the 28th??

1080Driver

In my 17 years as a package driver, we've always been paid on Thursday........not sure if its something in each locals supplement or what. And always we get our vacation check with our regular check on the Thursday before the vacation.

upsgrunt

We get paid on Friday's, but my direct deposit always goes in late Thursday night. Vacation pay is always the Friday before you start. One old timer who is now retired used to take the whole month of August off and would get 5 paychecks the last Friday in July.

Big Babooba

In my 17 years as a package driver, we've always been paid on Thursday........not sure if its something in each locals supplement or what. And always we get our vacation check with our regular check on the Thursday before the vacation.
For the past 28 years we've been getting paid on Fridays. The contract states that we be paid by noon each Friday.

beentheredonethat

It's paid to you the week before. So for instance if you were on vacation starting tomorrow 9/17/07 and ending 9/22/07 you would have gotten a vacation check this past Thursday 9/13/07 or if you get paid on Fridays you would have got it on 9/14/07. You should have picked your vacation week last year for this year, they come around in November asking people for their vacation picks for the following year. Trust me dude, I am just coming off vacation week myself and got the check the week before. When did you put in for that week off??

In a way the person who said you get your check two weeks early is really right. The example HazMatMan has with dates showing when you get it is also right. How can they both be right? Let's assume for a second that the vacation dates HMM wrote down a brand new coworker is working that time period in his first week at UPS. That coworker does not receive a check that Thu\Fri (9/20 or 9/21 which is 3-4 days after he started working at UPS) since the only people who recieve a check on 9/20 - 9/21 are people that worked the prior w/e date. So work performed on W/E 9/22 gets paid the following week on Thu\Fri (9/27 or 9/28). However since you're on vacation for w/e 9/22's work you get it paid on Thu\Fri (9/13 or 9/14) two weeks before you would have received it if you actually worked that week which is also the Thu\Fri before you leave on vacation. Just a matter of different people's interpretation. In any event Enjoy vacation

jlphotog

Well, whether my center manager forgot to put in for my vacation pay on time or not does not matter anymore. It was deposited into my account today. My vacation starts a week from today.

Next week is gonna be long. I can feel it already.