Vacation pay

Brown Army

I don't have vacation till next month would UPS consider paying me my vacation pay a month earlier than my actual vacation? Had an unfortunate incident in my family and I'm looking to help them financially.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
If your vacation is in a month you should be getting your vacation check in two or so weeks. Maybe you can hang on till then. If not you can sell it back but I heard you get alot of taxes taken out. Good luck.

PACNW

Cashing out vacation time in the NW is fairly common. It does get taxed at a higher rate. Here you would still get to take your vacation in a month if you'd like, but without pay.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cashing out vacation time in the NW is fairly common. It does get taxed at a higher rate. Here you would still get to take your vacation in a month if you'd like, but without pay.

How would cashing out your vacation week and then working that week be any different than getting your vacation pay as usual and then working that week?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Almost never.

In all seriousness though, I don't think this would be allowed.
If you have intermittent FMLA (in certain states/locals....I'm not sure if it works the same everywhere), you have your vacation pay advanced to you (either per diem or weekly) when you take FMLA days (or weeks) off.

Pooter

Not sure if it works for PT but I've seen many drivers get their checks paid in advance. Talk to your center manager.

Central states

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just don't forget, you take an early check, then go on Vacay, you won't have any punches for that week since you took your money early. Then you have no bennies for that week too. Be careful!

PACNW

How would cashing out your vacation week and then working that week be any different than getting your vacation pay as usual and then working that week?

Because you get the money immediately in an emergency type scenario. Up to you if you work the scheduled week off or not after that. I don't pretend to know people's reasons for cashing out early, just saying we have that option, should the need arise.

Occasionally if the staffing is bad, you can work your Vaca for your OT rate. If you cash out early, then it's technically a non paid week and any days worked are straight time.