Vacation paycheck lower than expected

I recently took a week off but when i got my pay check i made alot less than usually make weekly
it shows i got payed 20 hours but it dosen't show the pay rate it says current pay rate n/a.
my current pay rate is 13.96 and it shows this on my weekly paychecks but how come on my vacation it
dosen't show it.

UPSGUY72

I recently took a week off but when i got my pay check i made alot less than usually make weekly
it shows i got payed 20 hours but it dosen't show the pay rate it says current pay rate n/a.
my current pay rate is 13.96 and it shows this on my weekly paychecks but how come on my vacation it
dosen't show it.

Your a Pt employee unless otherwise stated in your local supplement you only get paid 20 hours a week when you on vacation....

$13.96 X 20 = $279.20 That is What your vacation check should be before taxes and deductions.

brownrod

dosen't show it.

Please be more clear.

Did you expect to be paid for more than 20 hours?

Or did you expect more money per hour for the 20 hours on your check?

The first one is easy. Part Time employees get 20 hours of pay for a vacation check.

UPSGUY72

Please be more clear.

Did you expect to be paid for more than 20 hours?

Or did you expect more money per hour for the 20 hours on your check?

The first one is easy. Part Time employees get 20 hours of pay for a vacation check.

He knows the deal in his other thread he said he has been working at UPS for 3 years.....

$13.96 X 20 = $279.20 That is What your vacation check should be before taxes and deductions.
it should be 279.20 but on my vacation paycheck i only made 141.25 for 20 hours and it dosen't show
my current pay rate

UPSGUY72

it should be 279.20 but on my vacation paycheck i only made 141.25 for 20 hours and it dosen't show
my current pay rate

Is that after taxes and deductions or before..... You need to talk to your HR person and or your SUP they should be able to help you out....

Inthegame

that's after taxes and deductions
my total earnings were 171.53 for my vacation pay
You should have received your vacation check in advance of your vacation and should have notified your sup of the issue. First thing Monday tell your sup your check was short and ask for a correction. NM Art 17 spells out your rights. You can wait til your next pay period or get a corrected check within two business days, but you must notify UPS of your desire. If you want a corrected check now and UPS fails to accomodate you, or if you're willing to wait til your next pay period and this shortage isn't corrected, talk to a steward and tell them you want to file for penalty pay and correction.

My irritation with this is the disproportionate number of "shortages" compared to the very few overages. Seems oddly intentional from my perspective.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Oalvarado9ar2cb, does your contract supplement require you to have worked a certain # of hours to earn a 20 hour vacation check?
And did you work enough hours in the specified time period? If not, you are probably getting a prorated amount.
Look back on your previous pay stubs, did it list 20 hrs (or 40?) for vac?