Vacation payoff

Ghost in the Darkness

Vacation is a benefit of the job and employee should have the right to take the time off or work thru it and receive the compensation. I personally would always take the time off but I can understand if someone needs the extra money or just wants to get ahead... it should be their discretion they've earned it.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Gotta love the guy who closes a week or two or three during the summer and then decides that he don't have money to pay his bills so he goes and work his weeks. So not only did he close out summer vacations now I don't work because not enough work is available. Gee I would have liked a summer vacation but I guess it is my fault though. I work for UPS and know everything is my fault.

wannabeups

Here you must take your vacation. Now guys have worked in the past if needed. But with layoffs i have had to argue with several drivers over the last few weeks over this.

My pet peeve was when a driver with seniority would take a prime week of vacation closing that week for bidding and then work through it.

Its not fair to the junior guys that could have really used that week for a family vacation etc.

If I ever get enough seniority and I do something that greedy and selfish. You guys have permission to take me out to the pasture and shoot me :)

lazydriver

In our feeders we have 20 bid jobs for just covering vacations. So no one is allowed to work on their vacation week, otherwise the coverage driver won't have jobs to bid on. I was only ask one time to work on my vacation week during a railroad strike and the trailers had to go on road instead or by rail.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
If I ever get enough seniority and I do something that greedy and selfish. You guys have permission to take me out to the pasture and shoot me :)
With some of these guys I don't believe it's greed or selfishness. Some of them have no life outside of work. Their only friends are here. They don't have anyone to hang with who doesn't work here and they can't handle being "out of the loop".