Vacation question

U

uber

Okay, so in 2010 I was on disability for 7 months. Last year (the year of 2011) I scheduled 3 weeks of vacation, no problems. Today I go in to schedule vacations and they say that I only have 15 hours accrued. Shouldn't last year (2011) be the year that I get shorted the vacation hours because in 2010 I was on disability. I dont understand why my 2012 vacations should be affected by my disability that took place in 2010.

Hopefully thats not too confusing. I'm really kinda stumped about this whole thing. Trying to get some opinions before I talk to the union rep on Monday.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The hours accrued last year affect this year. Simple. They screwed up giving you 3 weeks last year and are now trying to make up for it. Too late. If you worked a full year last year, you get your earned vacation time. Make sure you get the union rep involved. It is their job to keep track of this, not yours.

jalnar

I have seen the company go back more then a year to get there money. Dont be surprised if you loose because ignorence is not a viable answer in this company

UPSGUY72

This is kind of like them paying u to much and u not saying anything. Then when they find out they start taking it out of your check. Like unstate said playing stupid isn't a defence to not owning them. They are being nice they could go back and say you owe them the money for the weeks you took and got paid for by mistake.

U

uber

Do you think I have a leg to stand on in this? Seems to me like it they're mistake.

frank75

The hours accrued last year affect this year. Simple. They screwed up giving you 3 weeks last year and are now trying to make up for it. Too late. If you worked a full year last year, you get your earned vacation time. Make sure you get the union rep involved. It is their job to keep track of this, not yours.
So the union reps should keep track of members vacation accruals and not the members? What???

When I was on comp, 18 months, I was allowed a one time per contract "buy back" of my vacations for the following year. Mind you this is in 705 so it may not apply in your situation.