Vacation Time

ptmays

I am a part time employee and my hire date was on January 5, 2006. I have worked for the company for a total of 3 years. Last year I received 2 weeks of vacation and an option day. This year, according to my full time supervisor I am only receiving one week of vacation time. Is there anything regarding vacations reductions in the contract?

trickpony1

Your full time supe will tell you anything he thinks you are stupid enough to believe.
Ask your business agent or steward.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am a part time employee and my hire date was on January 5, 2006. I have worked for the company for a total of 3 years. Last year I received 2 weeks of vacation and an option day. This year, according to my full time supervisor I am only receiving one week of vacation time. Is there anything regarding vacations reductions in the contract?
Were you off on an injury/disability/fmla for an extended time last year? If you did not get your i believe its 625 hours in, you would still be entitled to take your vacation, but not all of it would be paid.

Contact your steward, and if you were only able to pick one week, have him file on your behalf.

chopstic

Maybe he was referring to getting one week of EXTRA vacation on top of the 2 weeks you usually get each year. I believe 3 years is when you jump from 2 weeks to 3 weeks of vacation time.

smokey711

Here (Central) we get one week + option week after one year. Two weeks + option week + two PH's after two years... Three years and only one week just doesn't sound right, but I wouldn't know.

browndevil

I think browndevil is using his personal days and sick days to make a 7th week. Still counts as a vacation
No I am in the Western Conf. In order to get the extra week we give them BDay and day after and two floaters ( basically 4 days for 5 taken together) and make it a week. We are given 9 sick days so pretty much I work 10 mos a year:happy2:

I thought we were all the same until I was in NYC one year and was talking to a driver

Gotta love the Teamsters