Vacation time

sandman79

I recently was upgraded to full time Jan 5. My last week's check they paid out all of my part time vacation. My question is do I still get vacation as full time or do I get no vacation this year. Thanks for any help.

upschuck

Your vacation was cashed out, you get none til next year. Look at your stub, it will show you how much time you have to take.

By The Book

I recently was upgraded to full time Jan 5. My last week's check they paid out all of my part time vacation. My question is do I still get vacation as full time or do I get no vacation this year. Thanks for any help.
You may have sick days on the books as well. You will get time off, due to no enough work. At this time of the year you shouldn't have any vacation to cash out.

BUCN85

Having similar issue. I qualified in October. Was formerly pt for 7 years. I looked at the bottom of my check where vac and opt days:week is and there are zeros all the way across. I was told I keep my weeks

oldngray

nowhere special
Having similar issue. I qualified in October. Was formerly pt for 7 years. I looked at the bottom of my check where vac and opt days:week is and there are zeros all the way across. I was told I keep my weeks

When you go from part time to full time UPS pays you for your unused PT vacation days then you have to wait another year as full time before you get any vacations.

BUCN85

Christ. Ok so how does vacation work Did I earn my Pt vacation for 2015 by working 2014 so I can get pay out of 2015 pt vacation

BUCN85

Also to add to this. Once a year goes by do I start over with my weeks so then my 7 years got me nowhere vacation wise. This is new to me because my supervisor told me I keep my vacation weeks. Obviously this person was misinformed then?

Rain Shield

Also to add to this. Once a year goes by do I start over with my weeks so then my 7 years got me nowhere vacation wise. This is new to me because my supervisor told me I keep my vacation weeks. Obviously this person was misinformed then?

In my region your are considered a new hire employee. You are paid for your vacation earned from 2014 at your part time rate and 20 hours per week earned. If you work 156 reports this year as a full timer you will earn your vacation for 2016 and choose your vacations in seniority order as a fulltime employee.

Basically, you will be at the bottom of the vacation seniority list, but in 2016 you will still have 7 years of company time. This means that at the 10 year company time choosing you will choose an extra week of vacation as if you have been fulltime for 10 years, but remain choosing your vacation at the 3 year seniority order.

We have guys in feeder who have 30 years of company seniority with 6 weeks plus and option who chose vacation after guys with 20 years and only 5 weeks plus an option.

Vacation earned by company seniority and chosen by classification seniority.

BUCN85

In my region your are considered a new hire employee. You are paid for your vacation earned from 2014 at your part time rate and 20 hours per week earned. If you work 156 reports this year as a full timer you will earn your vacation for 2016 and choose your vacations in seniority order as a fulltime employee.

Basically, you will be at the bottom of the vacation seniority list, but in 2016 you will still have 7 years of company time. This means that at the 10 year company time choosing you will choose an extra week of vacation as if you have been fulltime for 10 years, but remain choosing your vacation at the 3 year seniority order.

We have guys in feeder who have 30 years of company seniority with 6 weeks plus and option who chose vacation after guys with 20 years and only 5 weeks plus an option.

Vacation earned by company seniority and chosen by classification seniority.
Ok thanks for the info. That sucks I get no vacation this year. ESP after I thought I was getting some after my sup told me. Now I have to figure out when I'll get my pay out

PT Car Washer

Ok thanks for the info. That sucks I get no vacation this year. ESP after I thought I was getting some after my sup told me. Now I have to figure out when I'll get my pay out
I believe UPS assumes your lay off days will be your vacations. Next year you can pick any of the weeks in January and February that are open.

sandman79

Thanks everyone. I finally found a somewhat intelligent sup. He said I can still take the time off but won't get paid and recommended I work at least one day in the week to not mess up my health insurance. Don't see any lay offs in my center, there are always top seniority guys volunteering to take time off.

BUCN85

Sorry to bring up an old thread but after our payroll person sent out some emails apparently I do not get my pt vacation cashed out so the pt hours I put in during 2014 do not transfer to 2015 now that I ft.

By The Book

So your full time seniority date is October 2014. Did they cash out your part time vacation that you had on the books or had you taken it all before you qualified? If they cashed you out you should start accruing vacation at so many days a month as a full timer from October. Look at your paystubs for 2014 and verify how many weeks vacation you took, you may of used them up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
tumblr_m1ko766sbJ1r5lnzyo1_400.jpg

ManInBrown

How does it work when the week you are off has a closed Holiday? An extra days pay or only 4 vacation days are used and you have an extra one?