Vacation time

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
The fact that they would take that week just to keep somebody with kids from being off when their kids were out of school. I have no problem whatsoever with seniority, it's just that they always had that smirk on their face when they did it, but wouldn't file a grievance because the boss man would get mad.

Your explanation is even more confusing.
What is your point?

ManInBrown

True story. When i was in package there was a driver out on comp for 3 years. Every single year he used all his Vacation weeks in July and August. There was no chance he was coming back. He couldve used the weeks anytime, it made no difference. Maybe the biggest d bag move ive ever seen.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
True story. When i was in package there was a driver out on comp for 3 years. Every single year he used all his Vacation weeks in July and August. There was no chance he was coming back. He couldve used the weeks anytime, it made no difference. Maybe the biggest d bag move ive ever seen.
Not really.
He had seniority and exercised it.
Not sure what the problem is.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was under the impression that you need to work a certain amount of hours to earn vacation the following year.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
The summer weeks that were all taken by higher seniority employees who are old and don't have kids on summer break anymore.
because all the years the put in when they where young and had kids on summer break they didn't get those summer vacations because the summer weeks were taken by older guys with no kids on summer break

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Contractually sound but morally wrong.
Morals have nothing to do with it.
All that matters is me.
I didn't make decisions about vacation weeks thinking about the feelings of others.
They don't matter.
UPS is Morally Bankrupt from the top down.
They preach ethics and lie to your face at the same time.
I didn't give a damn about any of my coworkers.
I couldn't care less about them or their feelings.
All that mattered was me.
It is called Seniority....awesome when you have it. Sucks when you don't.
Your feelings are not my problem.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
because all the years the put in when they where young and had kids on summer break they didn't get those summer vacations because the summer weeks were taken by older guys with no kids on summer break

Yeah, I get it. Having been through it themselves and knowing how bad it sucks, they decide to continue the cycle. Such model human beings. But, as long as they earned it, makes it all better.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
7D37E4BD-21D5-425F-AEC0-F85AD3DF4A31.gif

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Yeah, I get it. Having been through it themselves and knowing how bad it sucks, they decide to continue the cycle. Such model human beings. But, as long as they earned it, makes it all better.
for a job that gives such little personal reward, its that feeling of "all you have is your seniority". so any chance ya get, ya tend to want to exercise your rite to it even at the cost of spiting your union brothers. it was understandable and accepted for us coming up the ranks

Overpaid Union Thug

Morals have nothing to do with it.
All that matters is me.
I didn't make decisions about vacation weeks thinking about the feelings of others.
They don't matter.
UPS is Morally Bankrupt from the top down.
They preach ethics and lie to your face at the same time.
I didn't give a damn about any of my coworkers.
I couldn't care less about them or their feelings.
All that mattered was me.
It is called Seniority....awesome when you have it. Sucks when you don't.
Your feelings are not my problem.

It has nothing to do with feelings and everything to do with morals. Anyone who purposely selects a vacation solely to keep other people from getting them is an :censored2:. If they select those weeks and work they aren’t just the :censored2:. They are the entire ass.

Overpaid Union Thug

Make them swing the week they elect to work and that comes to a screeching halt.
That’s How it should be but only if there is literally not enough drivers available. But really onee could make the argument that staffing should always be available if the center is managed properly.

There is a new language in the southern supplement, which is where I am at, that should make allowing drivers to work during vacations more trouble for management than it’s worth.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
for a job that gives such little personal reward, its that feeling of "all you have is your seniority". so any chance ya get, ya tend to want to exercise your rite to it even at the cost of spiting your union brothers. it was understandable and accepted for us coming up the ranks

My original remark was meant solely as an observational joke for commiseration amongst us low seniority family guys. I never asked for a defense of the situation, because I know why it is how it is. People wanted to explain to me why it is that way, but it was unnecessary, and they didn't get the joke, so I kept playing along to up the ante. You guys still aren't getting the joke, but it wasn't meant for you, so I'm done now. Thanks for setting me straight. Smh.

BlackCat

That’s How it should be but only if there is literally not enough drivers available. But really onee could make the argument that staffing should always be available if the center is managed properly.

There is a new language in the southern supplement, which is where I am at, that should make allowing drivers to work during vacations more trouble for management than it’s worth.
Regardless if there are enough drivers or not, if you have been paid out for vacation your route goes up for bid for the week.