Vacation timing

YourCO

So I accrue my vacation time in early fall, but apparently I have to use or lose it by the end of the year. Does that mean I only have like two months in fall to take vacation for the rest of my career here?
It doesn't sound right, but that's what I'm being told by mgmt and hr and payroll, none of whom I trust.

Roller252

Maybe it depends on where you are and what supplements and rider you're under but out here in my part of the West that is not correct.
Our full (45 hr) vacation weeks can roll over. Our 5 (8 hr) personal holidays or option days do not and must be used or paid out upon your anniversary date. We also get a full (40 hr) option week but I've forgotten if it is a roll over or pay out cause it's the first one I use each year.

Nah
So I accrue my vacation time in early fall, but apparently I have to use or lose it by the end of the year. Does that mean I only have like two months in fall to take vacation for the rest of my career here?
It doesn't sound right, but that's what I'm being told by mgmt and hr and payroll, none of whom I trust.
Only your first year.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
no, just the year you accrue it. After this year you will be able to take it anytime. At least that’s how it is here.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
here in the atlantic you can't use your vacation time earned in your first year until seniority date plus one year. once your second vacation bids start you should be able to use them anytime vacations are available.