vacation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will be paid for your 2 weeks before the Friday of that vacation week.

I want so badly to ask why you are going to work instead of taking the time off but I realize that this is not what you asked and is none of my business.

Resident know-it-all.

9.5er

If he won't ask then I will. Why on earth do people schedule their week of vacation but work through it. Especially during the peak of vacation time. I just don't get it.
Just last week a guy had the week off but worked Mon, Tue, and Wed. I made the comment that if wasn't going to take the week off I wanted to change one of my weeks. That didn't go over to well.

If folks have prior knowledge of cashing out a week then they should not be allowed to choose a week and should just accept the pay at the beginning of their vacation cycle.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You will be paid for your 2 weeks before the Friday of that vacation week.

I want so badly to ask why you are going to work instead of taking the time off but I realize that this is not what you asked and is none of my business.

Resident know-it-all.

Then why mention it? Were you hoping he'd offer it up willingly since you expressed your interest?

Sent using a Potato

browntroll

i did this one time, i also needed the cash. i still regret it but needed to get car fixed otherwise i cant get to work.
i know one guy that cashed out vacation, optional days, and sick days its been the worst year of his life.

By The Book

I planned my vacation for next month and want to know if i can cash it out now. I will be working my Vacation.
Our supplement says all vacation must be taken, and you can cash out 2 option weeks. If you can cash out an option week, I would have them change your regular vacation to an option week and cash it out. This will make other employees upset if that week was closed out to them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
in my building if a person wants to work his vacation he usually has no problems finding someone who will take a week off unpaid

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Then why mention it? Were you hoping he'd offer it up willingly since you expressed your interest?

Sent using a Potato

According to the Mayo Clinic, manipulation and use of deception to gain what one wants, is a classic characteristic of Antisocial Personality Disorder. Having little or no empathy for how your actions (words in this case) affect others is, as well.

I'm no doctor but...

In our local you are only allowed to cash in your optional week. You are also allowed to save it to use if a week is available later in the year. If you know you are going to cash it in at vaca pick time then you are encourage not to choose any weeks for it.

PT Car Washer

in my building if a person wants to work his vacation he usually has no problems finding someone who will take a week off unpaid
In my building someone working their vacation means one less double shifter. Maybe. Sometimes things happen. I am sure T542 would rather be drinking Margaritas on the beach then sweating inside a trailer.

PT Car Washer

In our local you are only allowed to cash in your optional week. You are also allowed to save it to use if a week is available later in the year. If you know you are going to cash it in at vaca pick time then you are encourage not to choose any weeks for it.
That is a great way of cashing in vacations when you plan on it. But hardships come up and sometimes you need the money. If you let one Union member work a vacation you have to let others.

That is a great way of cashing in vacations when you plan on it. But hardships come up and sometimes you need the money. If you let one Union member work a vacation you have to let others.

And as I said, in my local you would be only allowed to cash in your optional. Most drivers use their optional week to choose as their last week of vacation a year.