Vacation

AllenB

I have a question about how the vacation works when you go full time. In 2016 I was a part time cover driver and hub employee. When it was time to pick vacations, my hub supervisor asked me for my dates. I had been an employee for nearly 8 years so I got 2 weeks. I picked a week in May and 1 in September. Torward the beginning of the year, HR sent me an email saying I had gone full time and my seniority date was 9/14/16. So may gets here and I'm actually paid a week of driver vacation even though I put the vacation in with my old hub position supervisor. Well as a part time employee, I received 2 weeks at 20 hours a piece. When my vacation came after I went full time, it used all the hours for 1 week of vacation. I asked if I was still getting a second week in September and they said no. So technically I got 1 week this year. Is this correct?

Box Ox

Doesn't sound correct to me. Your weeks should carry. 2 weeks PT doesn't mean you get 1 FT. You were probably listed as 2 weeks available on the vacation sign up late last year and that's probably what you should have.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
When I went driving full time I had to skip a whole year of vacation and then wait til full time vacations got renewed, a year and half later after driving. It was confusing and a hassle

Ghost in the Darkness

You get 2 weeks nonetheless, its just your rate that is in question. It depends on what you spent most of the year as. If FT driver you would be paid at your current progression rate. If it was mostly PT it would be at that rate. FT drivers are paid for 45 hours during vacation weeks. Sounds like they are trying to screw you over, go talk to your steward.

PACNW

Here, they cash out whatever vacation you have left as a PT employee and you would earn your FT vacation on your 1 year anniversary.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
A well experienced driver once told me to know the five guys above me and the five guys below me on the friend/T list. He was right!!! Talk to them. Consult the contract, then get with your steward or BA if you still have questions.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have a question about how the vacation works when you go full time. In 2016 I was a part time cover driver and hub employee. When it was time to pick vacations, my hub supervisor asked me for my dates. I had been an employee for nearly 8 years so I got 2 weeks. I picked a week in May and 1 in September. Torward the beginning of the year, HR sent me an email saying I had gone full time and my seniority date was 9/14/16. So may gets here and I'm actually paid a week of driver vacation even though I put the vacation in with my old hub position supervisor. Well as a part time employee, I received 2 weeks at 20 hours a piece. When my vacation came after I went full time, it used all the hours for 1 week of vacation. I asked if I was still getting a second week in September and they said no. So technically I got 1 week this year. Is this correct?
IMG_1767.GIF

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
When you go from part time to full time, you are paid out your part time vacations and need to wait 1 year before you eligible to pick vacations

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Horsecrap

It is true in the Central.

You get paid off for your PT vacations, which in this case was 40 hours that he got paid, (2 PT weeks at 20 hr/wk) and then have to work 1 year before being eligible for vacations again.

Central Region Supplement

Article 16 Vacations

Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in
order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible, the employee will
select an available week between the eligibility date and the week
of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the
employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The Option week may be
taken after the completion of the eligible year.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It is true in the Central.

You get paid off for your PT vacations, which in this case was 40 hours that he got paid, (2 PT weeks at 20 hr/wk) and then have to work 1 year before being eligible for vacations again.

Central Region Supplement

Article 16 Vacations

Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in
order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible, the employee will
select an available week between the eligibility date and the week
of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the
employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The Option week may be
taken after the completion of the eligible year.
Still crap.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes it is.

Had a PTCD, who was my helper a few years and now drives almost every day, come up to me the other day with a question about his vacation check. He is still classified as a PTCD and as a result only received 20 hours at his preload rate. He made an excellent point-----he has not worked the preload in quite some time----yet was still considered a preloader who drove when needed. I told him to get with our steward as I do know that if he has x number of reports for the year that he would be considered FT.