Vacations dates and pay out changes in the contract

Concretion

Attention all those who are in progression and you have asked for your option week after your top pay date should be in effect. Don't count on the option week as requested because management can change the payment to the first week of vacation. Why do they do that to us?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

ManInBrown

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Damn you guys get 50 hours for vacation? We only get 45 here.
Performance based. That's why the central region studs are #1.
We even have the kind of management that makes us excel...
20200225_124741.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Performance based. That's why the central region studs are #1.
We even have the kind of management that makes us excel...
View attachment 284529

Do you think IE gives an additional time allowance for that ?

Nope.

That's just some BS note they attach to the address.

Try that on a 3-day OJS.

You will be "instructed" to ring the doorbell and start filling out a delivery notice.

The company's name should reflect their business.... United Parcel.

Service, has been long gone.

CoffeeStainedUniform

The Central Region supplement says that.

"For employees who elect to take an option week as a vacation week, the first week of vacation selected will be deemed the option week and will be paid at fifty (50) hours for full-time and twenty-five (25) hours for part-time at the appropriate rate of pay."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

Your's must also.

-Bug-
I always wondered how that worked when choosing to use 1 week as SDV

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Do you think IE gives an additional time allowance for that ?

Nope.

That's just some BS note they attach to the address.

Try that on a 3-day OJS.

You will be "instructed" to ring the doorbell and start filling out a delivery notice.

The company's name should reflect their business.... United Parcel.

Service, has been long gone.
DR that pkg at the rear door, out of sight, and protected from the elements. By the time you get back to the front the deaf consignee will be at the front door and you'll have to retrieve the pkg for them because you cant communicate with them.
Jerks we work for.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The Central Region supplement says that.

"For employees who elect to take an option week as a vacation week, the first week of vacation selected will be deemed the option week and will be paid at fifty (50) hours for full-time and twenty-five (25) hours for part-time at the appropriate rate of pay."

And it's been that way for over 20 years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I couldn't say for certainty that is has been 40 years.

But, I could say for certainty, that it has been that way at least 20 years.

Thanks,

Uh.... it's been 40 years.

(Note: This week of vacation is in lieu of previously negotiated optional holidays and sick days.)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Uh.... it's been 40 years.

(Note: This week of vacation is in lieu of previously negotiated optional holidays and sick days.)

Thank you. Like I said, I couldn't say for certainty that is was this way for 40 years. I do know that is was this way, for certain, since at least the 2002 contract. I could have pulled out my books and looked, but saying that is was this way for 20 years made my point.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Thank you. Like I said, I couldn't say for certainty that is was this way for 40 years. I do know that is was this way, for certain, since at least the 2002 contract. I could have pulled out my books and looked, but saying that is was this way for 20 years made my point.
Longer than 20 years ago. After the strike in 1997 the company jammed the trucks to the ceiling and laid off as many hourly workers as they could to punish the workforce. In doing so they actually punished the customers as well. You remember this I'm sure.

Since the public sided with us they decided to punish them as well. It was extremely Hateful.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The only reason it sticks out in my mind so much.... it's a common question as

to why we don't have sick-days, like so many other parts of the country.

Also, that was the first year (1980) of the National contract. (when we lost them)

It helps me to have contract books going back to 1968. ;)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The only reason it sticks out in my mind so much.... it's a common question as

to why we don't have sick-days, like so many other parts of the country.

Also, that was the first year (1980) of the National contract. (when we lost them)

It helps me to have contract books going back to 1968. ;)

I was still in diapers in 68.