Vacations when transferring to FT from PT

Just had 5 yr anniversary (total with company) last week. Went to FT driver in march 2017 and I keep hearing about getting paid out or just loosing them completely. What should I expect? In the hand book I see part time vacations and full time vacations but not about when you transfer. Thanks!!

Number-Nine

I dunno what area You worked in PT but You might be able to request your vacations from your previous supervisor. You obviously can't take them since you'll be elsewhere but you'll get paid at least.

Before I started training I put in for a week so I dunno if it's possible to do it while training.

If you don't take them you'll get a check at some point but it will be heavily taxed. I don't think you just lose them

Local 177...I emailed HR today asking bc my sup is out all week. Checked my Friday pay stub and my days didn't change at the bottom. That's fine if I don't get the time off just don't want to loose out on the $ if I'm entitled to it

Box Ox

When I went FT: All PT vac/opt/sick days cashed out. Eligible for vacation again in next calendar year. Same number of FT vacation weeks I had as PT.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Just had 5 yr anniversary (total with company) last week. Went to FT driver in march 2017 and I keep hearing about getting paid out or just loosing them completely. What should I expect? In the hand book I see part time vacations and full time vacations but not about when you transfer. Thanks!!

They will pay you off for your PT vacations. You then need to work a year to be eligible for your FT vacation.

Box Ox

They will pay you off for your PT vacations. You then need to work a year to be eligible for your FT vacation.

My experience was that FT vacation eligibility started at the beginning of the next calendar year. Second week of January after peak season ends. Don't have to have been FT for a full year.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I was paid out immediately for part-time weeks and full-time scheduled me off without pay for those weeks (I had benefits).

To get the 45 hours of full-time pay I had to have 1800+ hours worked in the calendar year. I was fortunate and started early in the year and got my hours in, others had their vacation hours prorated depending on how close to the 1800 hours they had at the end of their first year.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Don't have to have been FT for a full year.

To get the 45 hours of full-time pay I had to have 1800+ hours worked in the calendar year. I was fortunate and started early in the year and got my hours in, others had their vacation hours prorated depending on how close to the 1800 hours they had at the end of their first year.

Different rules fir different supplements.

A year in the Central

Article 16 Vacations

Any employee who attains seniority must work an entire year in
order to be eligible for vacation. Once eligible, the employee will
select an available week between the eligibility date and the week
of Thanksgiving of that year. If there are no weeks available the
employee will be paid in lieu of time off. The Option week may be
taken after the completion of the eligible year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Early March is wide open for your summer vacation, enjoy.