vacations

LLBrown

Does anyone know where I can find the language for splitting a vacation week? I'm a part time Sup and the center manager wants me to find the policy before he'll ok it

JustDeliverIt

Does anyone know where I can find the language for splitting a vacation week? I'm a part time Sup and the center manager wants me to find the policy before he'll ok it

You're management and not covered by the contract. You're at the whim of the people above you and what they want. Good luck.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Me laughing at your boss sending you to the contract for language that doesn't cover you....priceless! Now you know what the center manager thinks of you sending you on a wild goose chase.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Me laughing at your boss sending you to the contract for language that doesn't cover you....priceless! Now you know what the center manager thinks of you sending you on a wild goose chase.

Read it again...manager said go find the policy...not contract language..two different items.

You must be one of those special drivers who asks a question before reading/ listening to the question.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

We do not know how that applies to Management. I do know that for a Union part time employee you do not qualify for a split vacation week unless you have 25 years seniority.

Most of the time supervisors have similar work policies that mirror our contract language, particularly the older ones.

Rubber Puckies

We do not know how that applies to Management. I do know that for a Union part time employee you do not qualify for a split vacation week unless you have 25 years seniority.

Most of the time supervisors have similar work policies that mirror our contract language, particularly the older ones.
Was he asking partners or teamsters?

airupser1

Language is in SP non-union vacation plan on upsers "All vacation time should be scheduled in advance and must be approved by your manager or supervisor. Subject to your manager or supervisor’s approval, you can take your vacation time in increments of a week or in full day increments."
Hopefully this doesn't violate the rules here!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The "policy" for splitting vacation and/or Discretionary Days is based on the "operation" that you're in and depends upon factors. The center manager has a lot of latitude as long as the other snivelers don't make a BFD about what others are getting and they are not. Some Managers are pricks and have :censored2:ty lives and therefore seem to go out of their way to make your life :censored2:ty as well...
If he says "go find the policy", that translates to he doesn't want to deal with it.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You are the person new employees look to for direction.

And you supes usually spin the person.

Yet, the person you look to for direction won't help you.

If that isn't life's circle kicking you in the rear then....

Well...

Ummmmm....

Hope you can swim.

tenor.gif

Not saying the manager was right. He was not. He can give the person the split vacation we do it all the time.