Valentines day air?

BUCN85

Are there going to be relaxed commit times due to the overflow of air? Just curious being an air driver if I will be getting some extra hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are there going to be relaxed commit times due to the overflow of air? Just curious being an air driver if I will be getting some extra hours.

Commit times are not based on volume and cannot be changed on a whim; however, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a few extra hours tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Planning on it. Our center has a full feeder of ec 's. Only half a load of picks tonight. We may not be getting work tomorrow.

Albany was getting hammered by snow. Not sure about Syracuse----they may be far enough west to miss most of this storm. Snow didn't start here in Plattsburgh until 5 pm or so. I don't know how much work we will have tomorrow.

Johney

Anybody get a prompt from their DIAD today while delivering flowers that said Valentines day special delivery don't deliver until Friday 2/14?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
due to the Ice Storm Atlanta has suffered the past couple of days i'll be very surprised if there arent relaxed commit times due to the sheer amount pf volume. I'll also be surprised if we aren't offered the chance to work Saturday to make service on the Overflow

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anybody get a prompt from their DIAD today while delivering flowers that said Valentines day special delivery don't deliver until Friday 2/14?

Is that what that said? We get so many packages that have notes that it has gotten to the point where I just hit big arrow up and move on to the next package.

If they didn't want them delivered until tomorrow they should have timed their shipments better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

due to the Ice Storm Atlanta has suffered the past couple of days i'll be very surprised if there arent relaxed commit times due to the sheer amount pf volume. I'll also be surprised if we aren't offered the chance to work Saturday to make service on the Overflow

Rather than relax the commits they will just have you deliver in trace.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Albany was getting hammered by snow. Not sure about Syracuse----they may be far enough west to miss most of this storm. Snow didn't start here in Plattsburgh until 5 pm or so. I don't know how much work we will have tomorrow.

Yes. It started at 6am this morning. My work area is supposed to get 18-24 inches. As I sat in the diner for lunch. 3 " fell on my truck.

Johney

Is that what that said? We get so many packages that have notes that it has gotten to the point where I just hit big arrow up and move on to the next package.

If they didn't want them delivered until tomorrow they should have timed their shipments better.
Not exactly but something close. I got it as I was standing in front of an excited secretary about her flowers and said sorry gotta take those back until tomorrow. All mighty DIAD says so. I'll see you tomorrow. Now give me those flowers back.

Johney

I called my on-road about it just to CMA and was told I have no idea what you're talking about and was told just deliver them(as I did). An hour later get a mass message about that prompt only to be told just deliver them. Now wouldn't that be something they should have told us at our PCM? Surely that have been nice to know instead of how many clerk packages didn't get pulled from the day before. Amazing....truly amazing.