Valet?

I am curious to know real life experience with the new valet system that is supposed to come to all stations eventually.

I've read alot of the Facebook post how horrible it is and bahabhabh...but usually just the naysayers whining about it. I am wanting some stern feedback from those who are at stations using it?

DeliveryException

The way I understand it, your sort position will change all the time. The idea being everyone knows all the positions I suppose. Problems will arise because people aren't good at some tasks, like say primary docs. Slow scanners there will make for late sort downtimes. Slow box scanners will have belt stoppages and lead to the same thing.

If they just do a few at a time I guess it won't be too bad but if they shuffle everyone at the same time it will be a disaster.

McFeely

Huge Member
It’s like the Monorail we never asked for.
C41C08D5-09D2-4A60-80E7-141010C60AD5.jpeg

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I was picturing some jokers in vests and slicked-back hair standing in front of the station waiting for couriers to return so they could park their vans for them. And I thought yep!, leave it to couriers to whine about a thing like that. :hot:

chris45

They spent a week or two setting up some computers in our time card room like....september or october? It had all of our names and managers on the screen and you could click it and supposedly see your schedule(it never actually showed a schedule). Nothing ever came of it and the monitors are rotting with dust all over them now

Does anybody else have tablets in their vehicles? They spent weeks putting these tablets in with this bunk GPS software(I've tried to use it several times its horrible)over the summer but people just turn them away from facing them and most are broken at this point

zeev

Typical FedEx technology they pretend to be tech up to date but they never budget to operate it. Time to cut the bloated overhead but they never will.

bacha29

Valets now huh? I see. So Fat Freddy reclassified his drivers as "valets" so they can work for minimum wage plus tips. I knew that he was hell bent on lowering so called "final mile" costs but I didn't think he would stoop this low.....Come to think of it,.....it's hell of an idea.