Vandergriff # 10 at Englishtown

raceanoncr

The UPS-sponsored Top Fuel dragster of Bob Vandergriff continues to qualify at every event this year with his ride running a best of 4.55 ET in the quarter-mile at 311.13 MPH Saturday at the ProCare RX NHRA Supernationals presented by R2B2 Motors at Old Bridge Township Raceway in Englishtown, NJ.

He will face #7 qualifier, Hillary Will in the first round of eliminations Sunday. Taped delay broadcast will be on ESPN2 starting at 10:00 PM ET.

raceanoncr

It was nice to see the UPS guys helping out with Tommy Johnsons funny car repairs,especially with him going on to win.

Too bad Bob had to go out in a pedal-fest but, yeah, good PR when teams help each other.

Bob's #8 in Powerade points standings after this race.

wkmac

Good to see Bob qualify on a consistent basis as he started last year behind the 8-ball with no testing and failed to make quiet a few shows. I believe it's just a matter of time before he get's that Wally for the UPS TFer. I've wondered if Bob should snatch up Rahn Tobler but Jim Dupuy seems to be having this car come around so why muck up the setup now when it's starting to pay off.

Also great job by TJ and everyone at Snake racing. To see Larry Dixon go 2 fer means alot as we've not seen this since the Dick Lahaie days. Donnie Bender starting to hit his stride as crew chief and these guys are a serious threat to take it all IMO. In my book, Austin Coil, Alan Johnson and Lahaie are the greatest crew chiefs but I hear some suggest that Donnie will get to that level one day also.