VANDETTA AGAISNT UPS VETERANS

GOAT/BESTSORTERALIVE

Seems obvious that management has declared open season on ups union members that have been with the company for a while . In my work area alone , about 7 workers of 5 years or more were force to resigned . I've been with the company for over 10 years , I have never witnessed the amount of new highers coming thru . I, also have been targeted by management over the past 2 seasons . I could be one second late and supervisors are writing me up and placing me on orders of dismissal . In my opinion , this strategy by management to get rid of the old workers to save in wages and benefits is counter productive . I have notice that the amount of missed sorts have increased dramatically and it takes the company longer to complete the loads on their respective shifts . I'm willing to bet that its costing ups more money to keep hiring hundreds of new workers a month that to keep the older workers employed .

CanOSup

One of them
Seems obvious that management has declared open season on ups union members that have been with the company for a while . In my work area alone , about 7 workers of 5 years or more were force to resigned . I've been with the company for over 10 years , I have never witnessed the amount of new highers coming thru . I, also have been targeted by management over the past 2 seasons . I could be one second late and supervisors are writing me up and placing me on orders of dismissal . In my opinion , this strategy by management to get rid of the old workers to save in wages and benefits is counter productive . I have notice that the amount of missed sorts have increased dramatically and it takes the company longer to complete the loads on their respective shifts . I'm willing to bet that its costing ups more money to keep hiring hundreds of new workers a month that to keep the older workers employed .
You “know” your being targeted yet you continue to be late even by a second. Try being 5 minutes early. Your creating your own problem.

I haven’t seen it. I’ve always been required to be on time. Nothing new there. In the early 90’s the cost to replace a part time employee was around $3,000 each. Just for the intitial 30 day training. I’m sure it’s a lot more now.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
User name doesn’t check out. -Your Supervisor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Turdferguson

Just a turd
How can you be the best sorter alive if you can't make it to work on time? 10 years isn't a long time to be here either.

UPeopleSuck

I haven’t seen it. I’ve always been required to be on time. Nothing new there. In the early 90’s the cost to replace a part time employee was around $3,000 each. Just for the intitial 30 day training. I’m sure it’s a lot more now.

They train people? Since when?!

At my center new hires show up for the 1st day and are told to get to work lol. Haven’t seen anyone receive proper training. They throw you to the wolves from day 1.
We used the 30 day training packet back then. charted production, methods, and a steady work progression, also reviewed with employee.

Daf

This is why we have a union. If you feel that you are being treated differently that the others you have a right to file a grievance and have a hearing to decide if it is true.

Future

Victory Ride
I don’t see this at all ... in my building

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My management team appreciates veteren workers for the most part. We show up on time and get the job done. They only harass the ones that go two hours overallowed everyday.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Luckily for you, spelling and vocabulary are not requirements for your job.