Very Disappointing - !

G

gimmeabreak

Your a manager that's really hard to believe from this thread. If you a manager in the IT department finding the number to a building shouldn't be to hard you should have a list of number for all the buildings. Or how else to you contact building when they have problems?

not everyone in I.T. deals with centers and their issues...for example, there are I.T. groups that deal solely with Supply Chain Solutions groups. There are other groups that manage and maintain all the computer hardware used to run all the UPS systems.

ONCE AGAIN, I am trying to bring light to a problem that I fear many customers experience and that we "ALL" need to do a better job with.

And I am sure if I pulled a few strings I could get any number I wanted. However, do our customers have that same access? Or do they need to get routed to India to speak with customer service?

Typical behavior, blame the customer, say he's lying, and then when all else fails, pull out the TROLL card.

Dustyroads

Well, the only way we all can do a better job is if you report it to the right people. And, for some reason, you refuse to do so. Typically, the "TROLL CARD" is issued when someone wishes to cry, whine, complain and inflame, but really doen't want to do anything constructive to solve their problems. I think we can see the shoe fits here.

G

gimmeabreak

well, the only way we all can do a better job is if you report it to the right people. And, for some reason, you refuse to do so. Typically, the "troll card" is issued when someone wishes to cry, whine, complain and inflame, but really doen't want to do anything constructive to solve their problems. I think we can see the shoe fits here.

how would our regular, normal, non-ups employee customers do it? Do you want me to call in a complaint against your union brother? That may be what a normal customer would do.

how else does a normal customer get this resolved?

I could care less about my AMAZON return. The bigger issue is how u bash the customer and somehow make this the customer's fault.

Dustyroads

They would simply call the 800 number and tell the operator that they need to lodge a customer concern. End of subject. I'd think a know-it-all manager in IT could have figured that one out without having to ask such a clueless driver.

UPSGUY72

not everyone in I.T. deals with centers and their issues...for example, there are I.T. groups that deal solely with Supply Chain Solutions groups. There are other groups that manage and maintain all the computer hardware used to run all the UPS systems.

ONCE AGAIN, I am trying to bring light to a problem that I fear many customers experience and that we "ALL" need to do a better job with.

Typical behavior, blame the customer, say he's lying, and then when all else fails, pull out the TROLL card.

Well if the shoe fits or better yet if it looks sounds and behaves like a troll than it must be a troll.

If you really wanted to find a anwser that was suitiable to you you would have found the number to the building where you service proviser works out of everyone else that has a problem with there packages don't have a problem find the number and they don't even work for UPS. Now that isn't say to much for UPS's IT department managers is it.

Dustyroads

You hit the nail on the head there, 72, the only guy in the world that doens't know how to call in a customer concern is one of our IT managers. LOL

G

gimmeabreak

Originally Posted by gimmeabreak
I honestly do not have that number---I call 800-pick-ups for info---it's not easy getting center numbers.
That's becasue they don't give them out becaue everyone and there brother would be calling and then UPS would have to hire more people to answer the phones at each building.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND...EITHER THESE NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE OR THEY ARE NOT.

They would simply call the 800 number and tell the operator that they need to lodge a customer concern. End of subject. I'd think a know-it-all manager in IT could have figured that one out without having to ask such a clueless driver.

NO DUH, BUT WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY TOLD ME TO CALL AMAZON. HOW BOUT THAT !

G

gimmeabreak

bottom line is someone at UPS screwed up and all you can do is bash me as the customer instead of acknowledging that a service failure is unacceptable when there is so much competition out there waiting to take our jobs away.

UPSGUY72

Originally Posted by gimmeabreak
I honestly do not have that number---I call 800-pick-ups for info---it's not easy getting center numbers.
That's becasue they don't give them out becaue everyone and there brother would be calling and then UPS would have to hire more people to answer the phones at each building.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND...EITHER THESE NUMBERS ARE AVAILABLE OR THEY ARE NOT.

NO DUH, BUT WHEN I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY TOLD ME TO CALL AMAZON. HOW BOUT THAT !

Did you call Amazon ????? If UPS wanted every Tom Dick and Harry to have there building numbers they would be published instead they pay to have them not published for a reason. that is why they have an 1-800 number. It appear you also have a problem with the 1-800 number. Probably with Amazon too.

Dustyroads

"DUH", is that one of those sophisticated IT acronyms? So, you called the 800 number to lodge a customer concern about your driver, and they told you to call AMAZON. I'm amazed. If you are truly worried about a service failure you would report this to UPS. It seems you prefer to just badmouth UPS and UPS drivers in a public forum. We do have some poor drivers, and also some really dimwitted IT managers. Funny things happen when their paths cross.

G

gimmeabreak

Did you call Amazon ????? If UPS wanted every Tom Dick and Harry to have there building numbers they would be published instead they pay to have them not published for a reason. that is why they have an 1-800 number. It appear you also have a problem with the 1-800 number. Probably with Amazon too.

u need to get your story straight---first u tell me to call the center, then u tell me those #s are not published for a reason, and now u tell me to call the center again-----DUH !!!????

G

gimmeabreak

"DUH", is that one of those sophisticated IT acronyms? So, you called the 800 number to lodge a customer concern about your driver, and they told you to call AMAZON. I'm amazed. If you are truly worried about a service failure you would report this to UPS. It seems you prefer to just badmouth UPS and UPS drivers in a public forum. We do have some poor drivers, and also some really dimwitted IT managers. Funny things happen when their paths cross.

u calling yourself a poor driver???

I called the 800 # to see why my package wasnt picked up... I called AMAZON to reschedule the pick up---as y'all have been suggesting I do for the past hour or so

UPSGUY72

bottom line is someone at UPS screwed up and all you can do is bash me as the customer instead of acknowledging that a service failure is unacceptable when there is so much competition out there waiting to take our jobs away.

It is not a service failure. We have three chances to pick up the package so far there has only been one try. Even if there was three trys and the package didn't get picked up it's still not a service failure if the call tag was sheeted correctly.

Competition who Fed Ex once they have to play by the rules they UPS does they haven't got a chance. DHL bit the big one. The only reason Fed Ex can compete is that they don't have pensions, health insurance because they treat most of there drivers as independent contractors.

Dustyroads

Actually, most people would realize that the poor driver reference was made to the poor driver who failed to pick up your Amazon package, for whatever reason, and was apparently not dispatched out for the pickup the second day.

G

gimmeabreak

It is not a service failure. We have three chances to pick up the package so far there has only been one try. Even if there was three trys and the package didn't get picked up it's still not a service failure if the call tag was sheeted correctly.

um, isn't it three consecutive attempts, on business days? not whenever the driver feels like making a 2nd and 3rd attempt? u sure u are a driver?

1st supposed attempt was the monday after christmas...package still sitting... what happened to tue and wed???

G

gimmeabreak

Actually, most people would realize that the poor driver reference was made to the poor driver who failed to pick up your Amazon package, for whatever reason, and was apparently not dispatched out for the pickup the second day.

the 'poor driver' reference to u was an I.T. joke----

UPSGUY72

u need to get your story straight---first u tell me to call the center, then u tell me those #s are not published for a reason, and now u tell me to call the center again-----DUH !!!????

If you has a ligitatmate problem they will the 1-800 number will pass you on to the people that can help you in your case they told you to call Amazon.com for a reason.

UPSGUY72

um, isn't it three consecutive attempts, on business days? not whenever the driver feels like making a 2nd and 3rd attempt? u sure u are a driver?

1st supposed attempt was the monday after christmas...package still sitting... what happened to tue and wed???

Well unless it was a RS1 or Amazon.com cancelled it. I would call Amazon.com like I said before and ask for another call tag.

Dustyroads

Most of us here realize that there are other possibilities about what may have happened with regard to a "call tag" pick up as in this case. The fact that there is no tracking information for the tag on the second day indicates that perhaps a supervisor failed to dispatch the tags at all. I've seen that happen a few times in my 31 year career. Maybe when they found them at 11:30, someone sitting at a computer terminal somewhere just entered them all as NR1 and thought that all of the service failures would go away. There are a lot of circumstances in this case that would seem to indicate that the problem may not lie with the poor driver at all. Unless a concern is launched, or a center team member is contacted, we will never really know. I don't really know how to spell this out any clearer. All of the people here have either tried to solve the problem, i.e., telling you a way to take the package and tracking number to any ups supervisor on earth, or, call in a "Customer Concern". Since we don't really know the facts of this puzzling package problem, we won't speculate who is at fault. But, a good center manager or someone in lp could track this problem down pronto, if that is what you want. They could make your Amazon package disappear as well.