Very Disappointing - !

UPSGUY72

HEY---getting late - need some sleep....nice chatting with y'all-----next time I'm extracting a payroll file I'll be certain to make sure 72 and Dusty are missing !!!

Night all----!

LOL That's ok I keep track of my hours each day. It also mean I could be do a little extra.

I'm off to bed got to take my daughter skiing tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess I missed all the excitement by watching the Texas Tech game last night.

This one sounds fairly straightforward. Customer leaves box by door for pickup on call tag. Leaves note to refuse a delivery and to pickup the return. Driver delivers package and does not pickup return. Driver dropped the ball on this one.

Driver needs to go back and pickup up both the return and the refusal (provided it has not been opened) and apologize to the consignee for the inconvenience his inability to read a simple note caused.

Dave

Ms Spoken

Some of these young drivers need to slow down and learn the biz of UPS. On Dec 30th I had a pkg coming in from Amazon and a RS to go out. To make a long story short I let my hubby take care of it and this young gun scanned my RS along with the other pkg and dr it back to my hubby. So now the scan shows that I still have this return but, the driver took my pkg. This is BS these drivers just need to do their JOB.

It sure is a disappointment when the system fails one of its own. This Amazon return was supposed to be picked up on 12/28 and never was. The exception status,
NOT READY FOR PICKUP ON THE 1ST ATTEMPT, is BS since the package was waiting on my doorstep since 12/27. When I called 1800pickUPS they couldn't tell me any info at all. And it's now Jan 2 and a second or third attempt was never made. I can only imagine how many times this happens to our customers.

Your package has experienced an exception.
Tracking Information Tracking Number:1Z7R23Y62676684608 Status: Exception
icn_help_blue.gif

See description below

<snip>
ONCE AGAIN, I am trying to bring light to a problem that I fear many customers experience and that we "ALL" need to do a better job with.

And I am sure if I pulled a few strings I could get any number I wanted. However, do our customers have that same access? Or do they need to get routed to India to speak with customer service?

Typical behavior, blame the customer, say he's lying, and then when all else fails, pull out the TROLL card.

how would our regular, normal, non-ups employee customers do it? Do you want me to call in a complaint against your union brother? That may be what a normal customer would do.

how else does a normal customer get this resolved?

I could care less about my AMAZON return. The bigger issue is how u bash the customer and somehow make this the customer's fault.
Make up your mind, is it getting the package returned or the overall picture of UPS drivers not being perfect 100% of the time? I can't speak for anyone else but your first post seemed to asking for advice on how to get your package picked up and asking why it wasn't done properly. 72 and Dusty supplied many examples of what could have happened, through their experiences that are shared with many drivers. Somehow you have twisted it that they are blaming the customer. Your offensive accusation brought on the defensive replies.
Just an observation but this post shows a considerable amount of ignorance by many parties of many different things.
Mr. Jingles with all due respect, your post added very little to a solution to the problem.

bottom line is someone at UPS screwed up and all you can do is bash me as the customer instead of acknowledging that a service failure is unacceptable when there is so much competition out there waiting to take our jobs away.
Actually, the bottom line is a UPS driver may have screwed up and you, as an employee, want to blame the driver regardless of you mentioning that you didn't blame the driver. again, make up your mind.

u need to get your story straight---first u tell me to call the center, then u tell me those #s are not published for a reason, and now u tell me to call the center again-----DUH !!!????
He is correct, the center numbers are not published for a reason, However YOU said you could locate the number. I reckon you could call the center after all.

um, isn't it three consecutive attempts, on business days? not whenever the driver feels like making a 2nd and 3rd attempt? u sure u are a driver?

1st supposed attempt was the monday after christmas...package still sitting... what happened to tue and wed???
This is correct, there should be 3 attempts as you described. The possible reasons (not excuses) for this not happening are multiple. The overwhelming fact is you nor anyone else on this forum knows the exact answer. Without a customer concern being called in the problem can not be remedied.
I learned one thing for sure during my Operations days---we don't own TRUCKS...
Then you learned nothing during that time. UPS owns many trucks, some are called "tractors" used to pull trailers in the feeder operation, some are called "package cars" and are used to mover package (most often delivery). UPS just wants us to think they are "cars'' some strange reason.
again, I do not want to get anyone in hot water---I just want that DAMN package picked up---hopefully AMAZON will reissue--

and I know u guys do a great job overall...
Again. make up your mind as to what you want.

72 - it's I.T. not It, like Cousin It from the Adams Family....
Sometimes I have a hard time telling the difference.

Some of these young drivers need to slow down and learn the biz of UPS. On Dec 30th I had a pkg coming in from Amazon and a RS to go out. To make a long story short I let my hubby take care of it and this young gun scanned my RS along with the other pkg and dr it back to my hubby. So now the scan shows that I still have this return but, the driver took my pkg. This is BS these drivers just need to do their JOB.
You are correct of course. Are they still using helpers in your area?

I guess I missed all the excitement by watching the Texas Tech game last night.

This one sounds fairly straightforward. Customer leaves box by door for pickup on call tag. Leaves note to refuse a delivery and to pickup the return. Driver delivers package and does not pickup return. Driver dropped the ball on this one.

Driver needs to go back and pickup up both the return and the refusal (provided it has not been opened) and apologize to the consignee for the inconvenience his inability to read a simple note caused.

Dave
Oh come on UpState, you know as well as anyone else on here that there could be many reasons for all this and that all of them do not involve a driver at all. IF indeed the driver failed to preform his job, yeah you are correct.

Was the TTU game exciting?

CharleyHustle

"Was the TTU game exciting?"

MSU hung on for a while, even had the lead in the 4th quarter, and had a chance for a late comeback till an interception. Of course MSU was missing 14 players and Texas Tech was just missing their coach, don't really know if thats a moral for corporate America or not.

While no one wants to see a customer not recieve the service they pay for, call tags coming up missing are just a symptom of the larger problems that plague UPS.

"Was the TTU game exciting?"

MSU hung on for a while, even had the lead in the 4th quarter, and had a chance for a late comeback till an interception. Of course MSU was missing 14 players and Texas Tech was just missing their coach, don't really know if thats a moral for corporate America or not.

While no one wants to see a customer not recieve the service they pay for, call tags coming up missing are just a symptom of the larger problems that plague UPS.
Well said about the symptom of larger problems.
In fact that can well be said about TTU's problems. I think the Admin at Tech is/was wrong but I'm not a Leach Team'er either. Actually I couldn't care less.