Veterans day

DS

Fenderbender
On November 11th 1918,the great war finally ended.
That's why veterans/memorial day is important to remember.

klein

Für Meno :)
If you haven't noticed I'm already geared up with a poppy, even though my Ancestors are the ones that lost the war.

klein

oh dammit, I get those mixed up - you're right Moreluck ! Every month here is another holiday and long weekend.(except June)

klein

Actually the first world war was more or less a joke and should have never taken place. I do recall that from history lessons.
Some princess got killed in Serbia or Hungary, maybe Austria... and since every European country had a war pact agreement, when 1 country went to war, the others had to follow.

Was nonsense !

Actually the first world war was more or less a joke and should have never taken place. I do recall that from history lessons.
Some princess got killed in Serbia or Hungary, maybe Austria... and since every European country had a war pact agreement, when 1 country went to war, the others had to follow.

Was nonsense !

Nothing like attention to detail.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My Dad ( airborne) pacific WW II, Uncle (marines ) WWII pacific wounded, cousin army Vietnam wounded, and my daughter AirForce raven Afganistan are all vets .Thank God our country has people like them

moreluck

golden ticket member
100578_600.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just curious rod, Do they ask for proof of your service when you go?

Last year I tried to take advantage of this offer when I got off work. I had my DD 214 in hand just to be on the safe side. When I got there the line was out the door and I was told there was a 2-3 hour wait.

Golden Corral is offering their version on Monday and are not asking for proof--would not want to work at Golden Corral on Monday.