Veterans please give me advice

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I have been a preloader for 2 years. Thursday last week I no called no showed. I have never done this but my back was killing me (been having spasms for 2 months now and I am only 24). I literally showed up to work in my car, decided I couldn't do it today, and drove back home. I tried to call, but I couldn't get my damaged phone to make the call to call in. And it's not like I can go to my gmas or dads house when its 3 a.m. to use their phone

I know you guys are sarcastic and love to troll, but please.... put that aside for one minute and help me as I intend to be a driver and make this my career

It is now tuesday, and my part-time supervisor informs me to see my full-time supervisor regarding the day I no-called no-showed. I said ok and after I finished my pull I went to see her and she said that i am being given a warning letter. I said....

"I understand completely and accept as I did not call, but my back has been killing me the past 2 months and I've been having minor muscle spasms, I am not trying to avoid discipline as I understand I deserve it, but can I please get moved off my pull for a week or two? I also intend on seeing a chiropractor soon in hopes it will help. I am even willing to come in earlier unpaid to make this easier on me"

Her reply was: "No I cannot accommodate and no I cannot let you come in early as that is unfair to us and yourself, your health is your own responsibility as you are a grown adult and need to take your own measures to control your health, I can give you help near the end as far as irregs and whatnot but no I cannot take you off your pull. If you need to see a doctor than see a doctor"

All my union rep was able to do was refer me to a good chiro, which I accepted gladly none the less.

Please guys... I know you're cynic and I understand your cynicism, but I work hard at my job and I would do it everyday if I could just manage this pain... the spasms have calmed since I got a back brace (which I've been wearing for a month) but I still have pain, and I refuse to down ibuprofen or tylenol eveyday.

I intend to be a drive but was Dq'd due to a personal vehicle accident, 9 months to go

You guys made it and I respect that, but please help me make it

billerz

My advice would be don't no call no show again, and see a doctor if you think you need to. The pain prob won't go away on its own, and honestly driving should be the last of your worries. You will get the chance to drive as long as you keep working, just make sure you can still walk by the time you get that chance.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
My advice would be don't no call no show again, and see a doctor if you think you need to. The pain prob won't go away on its own, and honestly driving should be the last of your worries. You will get the chance to drive as long as you keep working, just make sure you can still walk by the time you get that chance.

What do I do in the meantime with this pain though? I dont want to screw my pull up enough to get moved as :censored2: over my drivers IS THE LAST THING I want to do. They're good people and work hard.

Future

Victory Ride
Get to your Dr. ASAP......if your going to miss your shift Call your sup.....keep all documentation from your appt.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Mistakes happen and you took the beating for the no call no show.
That is the only thing you did right though.
Because of your injury and admitting it to the supervisor, you won't be able to claim workmans comp.
Management will claim you didn't hurt it at work and will deny any claim.
If you clocked in that day and said your back hurt, then you would be taken care of as an on-the-job injury.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What do I do in the meantime with this pain though? I dont want to screw my pull up enough to get moved as :censored2: over my drivers IS THE LAST THING I want to do. They're good people and work hard.
Waah. Go see a doctor. And you do realize if you'd walked into the building that day...told your sup you were not feeling well and had to go home..you could have avoided a warning letter for NC/NS?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
pretty straightforward.

accept the discipline because you were at fault. go to the doctor and see what he/she can do for you . you may have to get a doctors note for light duty? not sure about that.

being only 24 and already having back trouble says maybe you should seriously consider other work. why be in pain and crippled for the next 30 years? there are plenty of non physical jobs out there. work , get a degree and use your brain instead of your muscles.

good luck with whatever you do.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
pretty straightforward.

accept the discipline because you were at fault. go to the doctor and see what he/she can do for you . you may have to get a doctors note for light duty? not sure about that.

being only 24 and already having back trouble says maybe you should seriously consider other work. why be in pain and crippled for the next 30 years? there are plenty of non physical jobs out there. work , get a degree and use your brain instead of your muscles.

good luck with whatever you do.
You can't get put on light duty for an injury that's not documented as a comp injury.