Veterans Training Program

mark31

There's a new program that's being implemented between the state of Md. and UPS to hire veterans with the intent on "Fast Track to Management." Has anyone heard of the program? What are the pros and cons of this program? Is it the same as being a part time supervisor? I had to complete and application for delivery driver and I have a follow up interview for the position of " Fast Track to Management" soon. I will be paid as a part time worker with full time benefits. I also have a Bachelors degree. Is this position worth going through to see where the "golden egg" is? I have two other job offers where I can utilize my degree but I am assuming that if I stay with UPS I can eventually move into the Business Development side of the organization. Any input would be helpful and I enjoyed being informed.

Yankfan

If you are looking for a golden egg you won't find it here. Management compensation and benefits have continually been eroded in the last few years. If you have a degree and have solid job offers in your field then follow that course and don't look back. You will not be sorry, I can assure you. This is coming from a 22 year employee - 14 in management. If you choose UPS, then look me up in a few years so I can say "I told you so"

mark31

Lolol, it must really be serious. Their presentation was awesome. I came from a union shop and I know how both sides work but since obtaining my degree I thought that I would try management. I was hoping that eventually during the interview process they would tell me some other wage other than 19.00 an hour for part time. When do they offer the full time position? Thanks in advance.

mark31

I'm not sure but they wanted me to apply for the drivers job and after that I will do the road test. I am not applying for a drivers position but this is the process they said must take place for their program.