videotape

menotyou

bella amicizia
Would you be a party to

1. being videotaped by your center team concerning an accident?

2. allow them to videotape you doing a re-enactment of the accident, in the office?

Returntosender

No
No

Videotape statements/reinactments typically for depositions, in regards to lawsuits. If UPS wants to videotape so they recreate the accident. Then the videotape should have actual working conditions at UPS. belts overfollowing with packages, loader stacking out, egress none existent, open packages on the ground, Sups yelling, get all that on the tape. Make sure you get copy,

menotyou

bella amicizia
No
No

Videotape statements/reinactments typically for depositions, in regards to lawsuits. If UPS wants to videotape so they recreate the accident. Then the videotape should have actual working conditions at UPS. belts overfollowing with packages, loader stacking out, egress none existent, open packages on the ground, Sups yelling, get all that on the tape. Make sure you get copy,
It involved a driver. You can't re-create the conditions. This is such BS they are doing. Yes, they are doing it.

Indecisi0n

They (UPS) aren't doing it, the drivers are allowing them to do it. If I was being told I was being video tapped I would just stand there and not move.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I would refuse to participate in the interest of safety. If the original conditions and work methods resulted in an injury, why would I want to re-enact them and open myself to another injury?

bklynupser

When I got injured they tried that with me. Told them to friend-off. Than they want an got another driver to take pictures of what I told them happened. My Stewart snapped lets just say they don't take pictures anymore.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I might consider it if

(a) I got a copy of the tape and

(b) if they gave me the unlimited right to walk around the facility with a video camera of my own and allowed me to record all PCM's, disciplinary meetings etc.

In other words....no.

stink219

I've been video taped by a female sup once. But I allowed it. It wasn't a real accident, but I did happen to plow into the back of her while she was filming. Not sure it it counts.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our hub loves re-enacting injuries and accidents then picture taking (though I haven't seen the video used for inside ones).

When they (safety sup) asked me for pictures, I politely said no. I don't think he was ready for it, as he became egotistical and nasty, talking as though I didn't have a choice in the matter.

I pulled out my phone, referenced dialing my lawyer and he came back with "nevermind, I'll figure it out..go back to work".

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't know all the particulars. The one involved wasn't there. I just know we have, also, just lost another DM. 2 DM's in 3 yrs. Hmmmmm. And, they wanna videotape us?

brown metal coffin

I think that I'll have a no on that and make mine a double. It is impossible to recreate that exact same occurrence and conditions of that exact moment along with all of the people involved spontaneous and exact response. Right now they are filming a scripted movie per-say and everyone has their parts and there is no element of surprise. It would seem to me that the company would have the upper hand on this. If this though was the absolute only way to get my job back I would have to strongly consider it.