Village of 100 people.

unionman

If you could fit the entire population of the world into a village consisting of 100 people the village would consist of:
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 Americans ( north, central, and south)
8 Africans
52% men
30% would be caucasians
6 people would posses 59% of the welth and would all come from the USA.
80 would live in poverty
70 would be illiterate
50 would suffer from hunger and malnutrition
1 would be dying
1 would be being born
1 would own a computer
1 would have a university degree
If you have a full fridge, cloths on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are wealthier than 75% of the worlds population.

klein

Für Meno :)
Not even an eskimo from Canada in it, not 1 single Canadian..:(
Oh well, guess they wouldn't have a bar anyways. Seems most would be broke, just 1 rich guy that would own it LOL

unionman

Oh well, guess they wouldn't have a bar anyways. Seems most would be broke, just 1 rich guy that would own it LOL
Canada is a country on the North American continent. put the beer down.

I guess you were right when you said "Geography,Schmeography" in high school, huh?

island1fox

If you could fit the entire population of the world into a village consisting of 100 people the village would consist of:
57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 Americans ( north, central, and south)
8 Africans
52% men
30% would be caucasians
6 people would posses 59% of the welth and would all come from the USA.
80 would live in poverty
70 would be illiterate
50 would suffer from hunger and malnutrition
1 would be dying
1 would be being born
1 would own a computer
1 would have a university degree
If you have a full fridge, cloths on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are wealthier than 75% of the worlds population.

In Obama world --I would feel very sorry for the six people in the USA. While having 59% of the wealth ---the Obama Government would "redistribute " THEIR wealth by taking and taxing over 60% of what they worked very hard for.
I guess on a positive point ----all in the village will have health care ????:wink2:

D

Dis-organized Labor

Is there a need far a: "How to Fish" Thread spun off of this Thread???

Last edited by a moderator:

klein

Für Meno :)
In Obama world --I would feel very sorry for the six people in the USA. While having 59% of the wealth ---the Obama Government would "redistribute " THEIR wealth by taking and taxing over 60% of what they worked very hard for.
I guess on a positive point ----all in the village will have health care ????:wink2:

No, but pretty hard to keep the rich, rich, when they get no income source from the poor.

You may recall Gilligans Island...
Does you no good to be rich, when everything esle is not there to buy or have.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No, but pretty hard to keep the rich, rich, when they get no income source from the poor.

You may recall Gilligans Island...
Does you no good to be rich, when everything esle is not there to buy or have.
Words of great wisdom from an old tv show, thanks klein:wink2: