virtual check rides? On topic please

Nolimitz

The GPS pinging the PP and vehicle every minute that was "supposed" to be for Eng. eyes only, is now in the hands of mgrs. Here it is actively being monitored and reported up/down the chain of command.
Any horror stories to share yet?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
PP= Power pad
Eng= what are you a dip Sh_t

Again another Brownie w/o a clue
46747D2D-446B-4D01-B927-1C1347122A6A.gif

This is a ups website ya maroon

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The GPS pinging the PP and vehicle every minute that was "supposed" to be for Eng. eyes only, is now in the hands of mgrs. Here it is actively being monitored and reported up/down the chain of command.
You are the victim of a hoax. FedEx would NEVER lie to us.

Sleep peacefully.

El Morado Diablo

Our Sr Mgr claims this is "all about your safety" even though they can't follow us in real time (said they had to wait till the following day to see any results). They gave an example of watching a courier who was supposed to be returning to the station stopping at a mall. They were able to tell how many minutes (more than a 10 minute break) the courier spent walking around the mall by counting the breadcrumbs.

It's far from perfect. It showed one courier taking 48 minutes to get to the first stop on the route. They were comparing that to the optimized route which was less than half that time. The courier actually made the first stop in 21 minutes so there are some bugs to work out.

Preventable

Our Sr Mgr claims this is "all about your safety" even though they can't follow us in real time (said they had to wait till the following day to see any results). They gave an example of watching a courier who was supposed to be returning to the station stopping at a mall. They were able to tell how many minutes (more than a 10 minute break) the courier spent walking around the mall by counting the breadcrumbs.

It's far from perfect. It showed one courier taking 48 minutes to get to the first stop on the route. They were comparing that to the optimized route which was less than half that time. The courier actually made the first stop in 21 minutes so there are some bugs to work out.

I was trolling for leads. :angel:

cosis

It doesn't count time waited at traffic lights

!Retired!

No
so much for on topic....
You thought this would stay on topic? Now THAT'S funny.
Our Sr Mgr claims this is "all about your safety" even though they can't follow us in real time (said they had to wait till the following day to see any results).
The mechanics can log in and see where you are in real time. But, they're not allowed without approval from THEIR boss.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
but isn’t the topic about someone having their pp pinged? ...which I’m not opposed to anyway - as personally I’m a huge proponent of professional periodic pp pinging. Now, if some putz pongs me on the pp, then we have a problem. :furious:

Star B

White Lightening
The mechanics can log in and see where you are in real time. But, they're not allowed without approval from THEIR boss.

Yeah, I've had dispatch already message me "you really need to start heading to that pup.... otherwise you won't make it in time". In other words, they're watching.