Virtual Time Study tips - valets, indirects

MaceFremonti

Scheduled to have mine next week. My route has two large room to room valets and one large neighborhood indirect stop. Any tips or suggestions on getting the best allowance from those of you who have had their routes done?

Center management team has said to sheet each additional indirect as a duplicate stop instead of a normal stop even though you have to go to each door/stop to leave a delivery notice....

t has a

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Center management team has said to sheet each additional indirect as a duplicate stop instead of a normal stop even though you have to go to each door/stop to leave a delivery notice...a

Let me get this straight. It would be like leaving a note for 15 apt stops then taking them to the office. But you would just sheet that as one stop? If your leaving notes at the doors u should get a stop credit for every one.

We were told to make sure we recorded everything for our day in our board. You are to sheet the packages in the truck then make sure u stop complete at the delivery point. Technically you get a time allowance for the distance traveled in between.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Work as Directed. The only Time to worry about is the correct amount of Over Time,and the only Numbers to worry about are the numbers on your paycheck. Dont concern yourself with their Time Study

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are leaving an info notice at each apartment, the only way to record those would be as an individual stop for each apartment. Which you would have to do, that way if the apartment dweller enters the info notice number into ups.com, it will show where you left the package. If you do not do that, they have no way of tracking their delivery unless they have the tracking number.

That is what I told my management team when they told me to sheet a building as one stop. They agreed with the explanation and that is now how it is supposed to be done.

You cannot record more than one info notice per stop. You are doing it for the customer.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
We were not told until two weeks after they picked a day for our virtual time study. They though they were being sneaky but screwed themselves because we got hosed on our allowances. Now our center looks like crap for numbers when we are doing the same job as before the study. I do my job the same everyday so really don't care about the fake time we are allowed to do the job.

MaceFremonti

Day to day they are done as an LR prerecorded delivery. The reason I was told for the change during the study is so that you get more allowance at that particular address since you have to go through the building leaving notes. So it will take you 45 minutes to do 1 "stop" vs taking 45 minutes to do 10 stops. The end result being less stops for the same planned day.

Since IE will be looking at the previous week's records as well I was told to sheet the stops this way this entire past week as well as trying to get the least amount of miles as possible.

In my center there are 5 other routes that actually have more valets than I do so it should be interesting to see how much the center gains or loses as a whole....

UPSGUY72

If you physically go to each apartment they would be separate stops---if you bring them all to the office they are duplicate stops.

Not in my area if they are if I have 5 different stops at a apartment building they are all individual stops. Delivering to the office they would be left at and delivered to the individual apartment they would be sheeted individual. They are not duplicate stops a duplicate stop is going back to deliver a package for the same address that you couldn't find before.

Sheeting those package as duplicates is screwing yourself, a fellow teamster, and making the Dispatch Sup and your manager look better for not putting more routes on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't care about my allowances and now they are my management teams problem.
Do the job by whatever methods they prescribe and divorce yourself from the allowances.
If you can manage to do this and realize that you will never have a 9 to 5 job, you will be liberated.

Indecisi0n

I don't care about my allowances and now they are my management teams problem.
Do the job by whatever methods they prescribe and divorce yourself from the allowances.
If you can manage to do this and realize that you will never have a 9 to 5 job, you will be liberated.

Didn't take me long to realize this but now that I have makes the job a lot less stressful.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not in my area if they are if I have 5 different stops at a apartment building they are all individual stops. Delivering to the office they would be left at and delivered to the individual apartment they would be sheeted individual. They are not duplicate stops a duplicate stop is going back to deliver a package for the same address that you couldn't find before.

Sheeting those package as duplicates is screwing yourself, a fellow teamster, and making the Dispatch Sup and your manager look better for not putting more routes on.

Let's say you have 5 stops within an apt complex. You attempt all 5 and are able to get rid of 3. You sheet the 2 as NI's, scan the delivery notice, complete the stop. You then bring them to the office, sheet each stop, put in prerecord, designate both as duplicate residential, left at office. 5 stops total.

packageguy

If you go house to house and leave a note, it counts as a stop. when you bring to office it's left at.... Make sure you document what ever happens that day. so when you called in to talk about it you are ready...

Sheet the packages at truck, you get credit for walking to stop, then stop complete at location, be it back door, front door, up 4 flights of steps...... Good luck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The above is correct except for sheeting at the pkg car---just like back when we were on paper, you should sheet as you walk, whenever possible, not in the car.

MaceFremonti

The time study is on Wednesday. Wish us luck! A few drivers in our center are concerned about it and we have come up with a pretty good "plan of attack" for that day. The other 80% of our center dont seem to care and are planning on just stop completing in the package car etc...LOL

Hope they enjoy 200+ stops everyday for the next 10 years.