Vision waiver

Has anyone ever been bound intrastate(can only drive in state) due to a vision waiver in feeders ? I’ve passed my DOT got my card but now at the DPS office I can’t make out half of a line in one of those machines with my left eye because of a stigmatism and they require me to get a vision waiver . Would this disqualify me from going feeder even tho I can still get my CDL and DOT ? Has anyone ever or know anyone that has ran into this ?

Indecisi0n

eyetest2.gif

Read line 8 backwards please.

Yeah but in ordered for one to get their CDL they have to go back through the process of the eye test through the dps/dmv which is where I’m having the problem. You wouldn’t have had to go to the dmv because you would have already had your license for package. Which Is why I didn’t have to deal with this in package as well. I passed my DOT Vision just couldn’t pass the dmv.

brown_trousers

Has anyone ever been bound intrastate(can only drive in state) due to a vision waiver in feeders ? I’ve passed my DOT got my card but now at the DPS office I can’t make out half of a line in one of those machines with my left eye because of a stigmatism and they require me to get a vision waiver . Would this disqualify me from going feeder even tho I can still get my CDL and DOT ? Has anyone ever or know anyone that has ran into this ?
Im confused. Is there a one state only CDL you can get if you dont qualify for a regular CDL?

Im confused. Is there a one state only CDL you can get if you dont qualify for a regular CDL?

Yes it’s called intrastate CDL due to state set regulations when it comes to vision , that’s why I asked to only replay if you went through or knew someone that has been a similar situation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
b1442e89a7371f83eb02f45be57a32f6--dog-status-blue-vests.jpg

I passed my DOT Vision just couldn’t pass the dmv.
That helpfully mabe I’ll get a check !!

Maybe you could become like a Daredevil light and go fight crime instead. Have a lotta cool hallway fight scenes. Sure, not passing your DMV vision exam is a less compelling origin story than being fully blinded by a toxic sludge accident, but it could still work.

Guess that was a joke (crickets)

tadpole

When I was getting my DOT card last month, the doctor told me that since UPS does business between states, all UPS drivers must have the interstate one. Even if you are staying in the same state, having the intrastate one won’t help you. I don’t know if he was correct.

When I was getting my DOT card last month, the doctor told me that since UPS does business between states, all UPS drivers must have the interstate one. Even if you are staying in the same state, having the intrastate one won’t help you. I don’t know if he was correct.

Thanks

Johney

Yeah but in ordered for one to get their CDL they have to go back through the process of the eye test through the dps/dmv which is where I’m having the problem. You wouldn’t have had to go to the dmv because you would have already had your license for package. Which Is why I didn’t have to deal with this in package as well. I passed my DOT Vision just couldn’t pass the dmv.
I had a class E license in package. That's all that was required here. So are you saying you have no license at all? I had to take an eye test at the DMV when I got my license at 16.

I had a class E license in package. That's all that was required here. So are you saying you have no license at all? I had to take an eye test at the DMV when I got my license at 16.

No I have my regular operators licenses , which I would have to have to drive package . When you apply for a new license such as CDL you have to take everything over again.

MAKAVELI

I'm pretty sure you have to pass an eye test every 2 years for your DOT physical as well.