Volume this week

Anybody else’s station get caught off guard by the volume the past couple days?

I’ve only been here 4 or so years but I’ve never seen it this busy the week after thanksgiving

bbsam

Staff member
I have a feeling the company got caught (again).

The numbers given us to plan for help are way off. I was at 99% of max capacity yesterday and 100% today.

Am I surprised? No. Station management half-heartedly suggested I should have planned for higher. But they concocted the numbers, not me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have a feeling the company got caught (again).

The numbers given us to plan for help are way off. I was at 99% of max capacity yesterday and 100% today.

Am I surprised? No. Station management half-heartedly suggested I should have planned for higher. But they concocted the numbers, not me.

Are you obligated to take out everything that falls within your routes or just a certain number of stops/packages?

robdabanks

I don’t know what happened today but I was basically cut in half from a normal day. Not sure if they ran ahead on Monday or if had to due with the weather in some spots in the country.

bbsam

Staff member
Do they offer any incentive to take out anything beyond that number?
No. The incentive begins at about 80% of that number.

And yes, it becomes lucrative and I wish I could take 3 times that number.

But when they give me a max number to plan on, it’s kinda crazy to staff and prep for 2 or 3 times that number.

McFeely

Huge Member
Anybody else’s station get caught off guard by the volume the past couple days?

Yep. Our station was hammered the last two days. Our mgmt didn’t schedule any of the 4x10 drivers to work their day off so we’re very short staffed for the volume.

Tomorrow is gonna be another goat rodeo I’m sure.

instiches

Surprised to hear some of you guys are getting close to the projections. We're about 25% less than the projection they gave us for today before peak started.

Purplepackage

Surprised to hear some of you guys are getting close to the projections. We're about 25% less than the projection they gave us for today before peak started.

Ground or Express?

We got hit pretty hard today accompanied with the fact that every flight was late for the second day now.

But don’t worry, we were assured it would be lighter tomorrow

instiches

No. The incentive begins at about 80% of that number.

And yes, it becomes lucrative and I wish I could take 3 times that number.

But when they give me a max number to plan on, it’s kinda crazy to staff and prep for 2 or 3 times that number.

I thought you don't sign the schedule K?

SmithBarney

Express here We were told that we have less volume, but we are running more routes than last year.
But our overflow routes are topping 100stops, many ~70-80 stop routes going out 120+ this is a week earlier than normal.

Purplepackage

Express here We were told that we have less volume, but we are running more routes than last year.
But our overflow routes are topping 100stops, many ~70-80 stop routes going out 120+ this is a week earlier than normal.

They are absolutely telling us we have less volume, which apparently doesn’t matter with a week less before Christmas.

We are also getting the “it will be lighter tomorrow” every morning. As though the more they say it they kind of hope it will come true