volume weird

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Is anyone else's volume weird lately? They keep telling us they've been getting unexpected volume for the last few weeks so on Tuesday and Wednesday with all the routes in, we've been getting like 30 stops more each than usual. Yesterday they said we had 4,000 more pieces than forecast in our center.

Volume control! cut routes on Monday and fridays...blow everybody out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays....Cut back on employees. and 9.5. grievances!.....But what do I know? Just drive a truck and follow edd!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
its been non stop Peak. I have filed an excessive OT grieveance almost every week this year
Yep. We had guys go out with peak season loads today. We are swamped if you don't have an 8.0 plan on getting off around 8pm.

We are putting in more routes and hiring drivers. It's still nowhere near enough. Welcome to ecommerce folks. It's only going to grow ups better pick it up and get ahead of the game or Xmas next year will be a much bigger disaster than this year

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is anyone else's volume weird lately? They keep telling us they've been getting unexpected volume for the last few weeks so on Tuesday and Wednesday with all the routes in, we've been getting like 30 stops more each than usual. Yesterday they said we had 4,000 more pieces than forecast in our center.
It's a excuse. They hoping you think ok it's a one time deal ill knock it out. Your management team isn't allowed to hire the drivers they need so they are hoping so suck every last drop out of the ones they have.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Same shiznitt everyday Slaveman. Aint nothing going to change so you might as well punch em in the pockets. What else can you do. It gets old but you know what screw it dude, ill make more money on dat :censored2: lol.

Future

Victory Ride
What i have been noticing in my resi volume is one day a entire street will have only a few stops, but the next day almost every house is getting something on the same street. Coincidence? I dont think so.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Volume this week has been heavy as hell for march....7,000 heavier than this time last year. Summer peak's starting a month early...oh boy, can't wait.

Brownsfan

Same shiznitt everyday Slaveman. Aint nothing going to change so you might as well punch em in the pockets. What else can you do. It gets old but you know what screw it dude, ill make more money on dat :censored2: lol.
Are you macho man or is it just your avatar. I can't read your post without hearing oh yeahhhhhh. Lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

Could it be from the changes to the Surepost issues? I notice my Surepost packages increased. I know the union pushed UPS to put about 10% back on the trucks starting last October 2013. Now I'll sit and wait for Realbrown to call me a liar since I mentioned the union in a positive light.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
They deliberately hold packages on certain days. Monday no deliveries on said st. Tuesday 1 delivery "air " on said st. Wednesday 14 deliveries on said st. Yea right.

iruhnman630

This will all be a distant memory in few years when Amazon gets their own thing rolling.

We saw a huge Tuesday, apparently due to a traffic jam on I80 which kept over 50 loads from reaching their hubs.

S

selfcancelsignal

Could it be from the changes to the Surepost issues? I notice my Surepost packages increased. I know the union pushed UPS to put about 10% back on the trucks starting last October 2013. Now I'll sit and wait for Realbrown to call me a liar since I mentioned the union in a positive light.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~
What is the deal w/ Surepost & how does it work & how do they even decide what gets bagged up to go to post offices & what just gets flat out delivered by Brown? Had a rural customer w/ 1 parcel today. As I was trying to leave, he tracks me down & says he's expecting 2, but the other 1 is the 1 that showed it'd be here today. I asked him if it was a light object. He said it was & I proceeded to tell him he'd probably be seeing it later from his mailman. Really wish I knew how all of this was decided when it comes to Surepost so I could better explain it to customers. Comes up a lot.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

S

selfcancelsignal

This will all be a distant memory in few years when Amazon gets their own thing rolling.

We saw a huge Tuesday, apparently due to a traffic jam on I80 which kept over 50 loads from reaching their hubs.
Is everybody caught up from bad weather? I sure as hell hope so.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal