Volume?

kingOFchester

Anyone else notice a significant decline in volume from the same time period last year? Trips that were rarely cut during the slower months are now being cut several times a week and this is October!

I also notice that there are streets that always had at least a few deliveries now getting zero. Seeing a lot of Amazon packages, large ones at that, sitting on the steps delivered by the post office. Some even have the Amazon Prime logo. They are not all surepost, but rather USPS specific labels.

Just curious if anyone else is noticing this. Think it may be time to short UPS. They may be able to post good numbers do to cost savings, but I assume the volume for the 4th quarter will be lower then last years 4th quarter if what I am seeing is happening across the country.

cynic

We went from working about 2 hours/day in September to working 4.5 hours this month and those of us with full-time day jobs are "crapping" ourselves. Volume on our sort has almost doubled and it is not even peak.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its called hiding volume by the sketchballs that pay you every Friday lol. You know their always hiding volume to make themselves look better on paper.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Its just random crap, peak this time around might end up being the heaveist of all time. Yet I see the buisness routes fall short in volume this year. Its a give or take in this buisness, day by day. Also, you have to think about the government shut down ontop of it all. Theres a million reasons as to " why " at UPS.

BrownChoice

The preload supe mentioned the shutdown st preload pcm today about, " if this continues into next week, were gonna have to rent some uhauls for closures..."
i have also seen some pckgs being attempted 4 or even 5 days IN A ROW.... Boy id hate to be THAT driver....

tre305

If anythinh volume is picking up down here in SoFla. 40K expected for my center once peak fully swings into gear which of course we aren't designed to handle. Can't even handle anything over 26k and that's on a good day

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
volume is SKY HIGH here. I am running 20 more stops a day than this time last year,and from the looks of it many of us in my center(myself included) will be filing excessive OT grievances right into Peak. I worked 55 hours this week.
I believe this peak will be by FAR the heaviest my center has seen. I'm predicting people maxing out hours and bringing stops back as missed every day. I truly believe many last minute christmas gifts wont be delivered until the first or second weeks of January

Buck Fifty

Its just random crap, peak this time around might end up being the heaveist of all time. Yet I see the buisness routes fall short in volume this year. Its a give or take in this buisness, day by day. Also, you have to think about the government shut down ontop of it all. Theres a million reasons as to " why " at UPS.

No reason to stock it in the stores when people will be buying it online. I see what you see and with our mgmt, it ain't gonna be pretty.

AndUPSER

Really heavy where I'm at. 26-28 hours a week since Labor Day. Checked through my pay stubs and last year at this time I was only getting 20-22.

kingOFchester

I see where a lot of people are talking about their hours and their work load. My question is about staffing. Are you all working with the same size staff. I know our trucks are going out heavy, however I know a lot of trips are being cut. Business routes seem to be normal, just not the house stops. Again, this may be just isolated to my area, but I find that hard to believe. We are running the same number of trips that we run during the summer months. From what I remember we were not cutting trips like we are now.

Also, not saying volume hasn't picked up since summer, just that it seemed heavier last October.

Anyone else notice a significant decline in volume from the same time period last year? Trips that were rarely cut during the slower months are now being cut several times a week and this is October!

I also notice that there are streets that always had at least a few deliveries now getting zero. Seeing a lot of Amazon packages, large ones at that, sitting on the steps delivered by the post office. Some even have the Amazon Prime logo. They are not all surepost, but rather USPS specific labels.

Just curious if anyone else is noticing this. Think it may be time to short UPS. They may be able to post good numbers do to cost savings, but I assume the volume for the 4th quarter will be lower then last years 4th quarter if what I am seeing is happening across the country.
It costs 50 an hour for a package car/feeder driver and about 30 to 35 for the same fedex. Post office worker is cheaper as well. You do the math.