Voluntary layoffs

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
No, it doesn't work for most current drivers.

Our parking lot is full of beaters because they all have two exwives eating up their paychecks, so they can pay off their mcmansion for the exwifes boyfriend. Eventually, they'll retire with two blown knees so they can't even build trinkets in their mancave carpenter shop. And then die at 68.

Ive seen that story too many times.

I've never seen such a large group of poor, pathetic, depressed creatures making 100k in my life.
Drove the same beater for my last 21 years. Never did see the point of parking a nice vehicle in a lot 12 hours a day.
Got pulled over a few times on the way to work for speeding, (tried to always be there at 1 minute till) ''Going to work?'' (Had browns on)
"Yes"
''How long you worked for UPS?''
''Since I was 22.''
"And this is the car you have?''
"It's a good one."
"Slow down"
"Thanks"....Always felt like they felt sorry for me. Big money but poor guy, must have 2 or 3 divorces and kids strung out everywhere driving a piece of s:censored2:t like that.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Some drivers have multiple children in college(s) and the 200+/hr charge per credit hour, books, and other expenses add up.
You can say "Let them get loans" but if I had the chance to help my kids jump start in life without them being blasted with debt I did.
I'll drive used vehicles every day. I didn't care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some drivers have multiple children in college(s) and the 200+/hr charge per credit hour, books, and other expenses add up.
You can say "Let them get loans" but if I had the chance to help my kids jump start in life without them being blasted with debt I did.
I'll drive used vehicles every day. I didn't care.

My ex and I helped to put two kids through college.

We also wanted to help them out but wanted to make sure that they had skin in the game. We split the first year 50/50 and the subsequent years were split in thirds.

Our daughter followed the plan to a T and graduated with about $23K in student loan debt, which has long ago paid off.

Our son? Not so much. He had way too much and was asked not to return for his sophomore year. He moved back in with me, we cut the checkbook off and he went to school on his own dime. He proceeded to graduate from the local 2 and 4 year schools (high honors) and went on to get his MBA from Clarkson, all on his own dime. $73K in student loan debt. He has a job at a major pharmaceutical company and has also paid off his loans (with a little---OK, a lot----of help from Dad. I lent him $51K at 0% interest when I sold my condo and ended up forgiving the loan. His employer paid off $6K and he took care of the rest.)

The first 4 years should be subsidized, if possible; however, anything beyond that should be on their own dime. My former business manager i working beyond his retirement date to help put his daughter through grad school. Nice gesture but I certainly would never do that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

We also wanted to help them out but wanted to make sure that they had skin in the game. We split the first year 50/50 and the subsequent years were split in thirds.

Our daughter followed the plan to a T and graduated with about $23K in student loan debt, which has long ago paid off.

Our son? Not so much. He had way too much and was asked not to return for his sophomore year. He moved back in with me, we cut the checkbook off and he went to school on his own dime. He proceeded to graduate from the local 2 and 4 year schools (high honors) and went on to get his MBA from Clarkson, all on his own dime. $73K in student loan debt. He has a job at a major pharmaceutical company and has also paid off his loans (with a little---OK, a lot----of help from Dad. I lent him $51K at 0% interest when I sold my condo and ended up forgiving the loan. His employer paid off $6K and he took care of the rest.)

The first 4 years should be subsidized, if possible; however, anything beyond that should be on their own dime. My former business manager i working beyond his retirement date to help put his daughter through grad school. Nice gesture but I certainly would never do that.
Daddy Warbucks.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

My oldest tested out of much of their freshman year's prerequisites. The bill was reachable so I paid it. The private college she chose was very small and elite. They had 30,000 applicants for the freshman year she attended and they chose 300 from the 30,000. She, of course, was one of the chosen so I couldn't let her down.
Our children were exceptional students and people, mostly due to their mother staying home and raising them to be polite and have focus on what their strong suits were in the realm of vocations.

My youngest makes double what I do as a driver. I can't be more proud of the adults they've become. I never complained about doing without to further their education. They made us proud. At the end of the day they knew that their parents put them first and they reciprocated that sacrifice by raising our grand children to be well mannered.

No matter what I own when I pass on my wife and kids will know that they were loved by a hard nosed ups driver that put them all first. That is what matters to me.