"Vote No on the UPS Contract" Facebook Page

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
re: "Vote No on the UPS Contract" Facebook Page

Makeupsdeliver.com has more details of the tentative agreement. From what I've read there I'm voting NO!!

I've been part-time for 13 years, now if I ever go full-time I have to wait another 4 years to get to top rate? That is BS

I think its a good deal for PT. I started as a casual. 10 yrs later I was FT. Starting pay dropped from 19 an hr to 16. For 2 yrs. Put my family in a 7k dollar hole. Put on the worse area in building at the time. With 1 wk vacation. So what pt has a progression. Atleast you aren't put thru above. I have 25 yrs now w only 4 wks vacation. You will have 6 when you get to my yrs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Makeupsdeliver.com has more details of the tentative agreement. From what I've read there I'm voting NO!!

I've been part-time for 13 years, now if I ever go full-time I have to wait another 4 years to get to top rate? That is BS

Now we have identified the 19,192nd part-timer that will vote.
So far we have identified 89,937 full-timers that will vote.

ups clerk

To keep this BS from going through we should simply reject it out of hand and refuse to vote on this proposal! Every UPS teamster needs to let their local no WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN VOTING ON THIS PROPOSAL! August is month's away send Hall and Hoffa back to the table for a better deal!
Here is the problem...this contract WILL pass. I have been at UPS for 35+ years and have never seen a contract fail to pass no matter how bad it was. The company always made sure it passed and in this contract, even the Teamsters will make sure it will pass come hell or high water. The only time a contract might have failed to pass was in 1997. However, that year, we went on strike before we had a chance to vote on it. Once the strike was over, then we voted on that contract and...it passed.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think its a good deal for PT. I started as a casual. 10 yrs later I was FT. Starting pay dropped from 19 an hr to 16. For 2 yrs. Put my family in a 7k dollar hole. Put on the worse area in building at the time. With 1 wk vacation. So what pt has a progression. Atleast you aren't put thru above. I have 25 yrs now w only 4 wks vacation. You will have 6 when you get to my yrs.

Blame your local for that not current part timers.

Why any local still has part time cover drivers is beyond me. No one should accept this. Essentially your not full time until u get a route. Which is over ten years in a lot of places.

UPSGUY72

Blame your local for that not current part timers.

Why any local still has part time cover drivers is beyond me. No one should accept this. Essentially your not full time until u get a route. Which is over ten years in a lot of places.

There are not PT cover driver in my area. If you a driver your a FT driver if your a cover driver your a Ft driver that just doesn't have a permanent route your cover when drivers are out or your run splits....

As you said I don't know why any local would allow PT cover drivers....

quamba 638

My local had a sheet up for temp drivers to work full time during peak season.. It was supposed to be only 4 or 5 months. It lasted two years. Part time sorters working full time driving for less than their hourly part time wage was.

quamba 638

My logic at the time was : there's no way I'm quitting my full time day job for this 4 month driving gig. When the time is up I can't just go back to my day job. I have a mortgage. Two years later these guys are still doing it....

Here here , another PT "No" vote! rallying up my Hub everyone is ready to vote this time around.. enough BS about PT not caring. Every hub should have senior PT leadership getting the word out.

JackStraw

I recall some years back the general membership rejecting a contract. It was then passed by the Union because it wasn't rejected by a MAJORITY vote. Good 'ol Jackie Presser. Good times.

Rented Ammo

The full details of the contract are out...Local 89 recommends a No Vote...This Facebook page was created so we can get as many UPS Teamsters together as we can to spread the Vote No Message...Please join this group and get involved and tell all of ur union coworkers. Almost everybody has Facebook. The more people that know about this page then the more well be able to spread the word and get this contract voted down...Stay Strong