VOTE "YES"

SoCalUPS

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that. The IBT has started a fear and slander campaign. Fear of the unknown if you vote "No" or slander saying that those that oppose this contract are doing it for selfish reasons or for "political aspirations". To the Vote No group, we have been sold out. The Teamsters are not the same Union as years past. We need to work hard to change the direction of our Union before UPS splits into diffeeend entities and the Teamsters cease to exist there. To the Vote Yes group, you won. Congratulations. This contract will further divide all UPS Teamsters. While it may be good for you, it will destroy many things in the long run including solidarity. Truly heartbroken to know that everything I believed about my Union was all based on lies. I'm voting yes and as soon as I can, moving on to a different career.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ima still vote no, damned the consequences be.

Amen, brother.

We only lose if we give up.

@SoCalUPS, grow a pair.
What do you mean,
We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything.

We haven't even started the fight yet! This could end up getting a lot uglier, before it's all over.

If we all turn out strong, and make our voices heard, we've got as good a chance as we've ever had. We can't count on Union leadership. If you thought we could, you were fooling yourself, before.

UPS->Screws us over.
Union leadership->Screws us over.
Union brothers and sisters->Stands with us.

UPS can't afford a strike. Anyone who says otherwise has their head where the sun never shines. There is literally billions of dollars that they could lose.

We've got this. We just have to understand how much power we really have.

SoCalUPS

The fight is over. Read the writing on the wall. I have a huge pair. We vote no just for the principal because the IBT has already signed on the dotted line. Mark my words. While UPS can't afford a strike, there will be none. IBT does not want a fight. It's over

SoCalUPS

At the UPS meeting put on by JC42 here in the West, there was probably like 20 people. Everyone knows that we never stood a chance. We are negotiating against UPS and the IBT. Look at what happened to every leader on the negotiating committee who objected, Taylor kicked them out

Same ol crap

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that. The IBT has started a fear and slander campaign. Fear of the unknown if you vote "No" or slander saying that those that oppose this contract are doing it for selfish reasons or for "political aspirations". To the Vote No group, we have been sold out. The Teamsters are not the same Union as years past. We need to work hard to change the direction of our Union before UPS splits into diffeeend entities and the Teamsters cease to exist there. To the Vote Yes group, you won. Congratulations. This contract will further divide all UPS Teamsters. While it may be good for you, it will destroy many things in the long run including solidarity. Truly heartbroken to know that everything I believed about my Union was all based on lies. I'm voting yes and as soon as I can, moving on to a different career.
Wow, good luck with that. people who refuse to stand up and fight for themselves get walked on their whole lives. Your next boss will treat you like :censored2: and you'll eat it right up. See you later.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Always the option for a wildcat strike. ;)

If the people vote overwhelmingly against the contract, there'd be hell to pay for ramming it through, anyway.

Still don't get why you'd vote yes. You're just making things worse.
I'm voting no, and I'm still pretty dang confident we'll win.

LagunaBrown

Always the option for a wildcat strike. ;)

If the people vote overwhelmingly against the contract, there'd be hell to pay for ramming it through, anyway.

Still don't get why you'd vote yes. You're just making things worse.
I'm voting no, and I'm still pretty dang confident we'll win.
Wild cat is a bad idea. I am a yes in the West but if your in an area that is not protected by your supplements and riders I would vote no. We are lucky the representatives here are good to the membership.

At the UPS meeting put on by JC42 here in the West, there was probably like 20 people. Everyone knows that we never stood a chance. We are negotiating against UPS and the IBT. Look at what happened to every leader on the negotiating committee who objected, Taylor kicked them out
Did you get a little bonus in your rider? I think every region did.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Wild cat is a bad idea. I am a yes in the West but if your in an area that is not protected by your supplements and riders I would vote no. We are lucky the representatives here are good to the membership.

Why would it be a bad idea if the union rams a highly unpopular contract down our throats?
If the contract goes 80 no to 20 yes, or somesuch, why not?

What do you have to lose, if the union finally makes it clear that they aren't going to represent us?

The contracts are going to continually get worse, until somebody somewhere makes a stand.
Period.

Indecisi0n

Thank you for helping me see the light.

Yes yes yes !

Hethatbeking

Heat and lack of water must be getting to you. NorCal leadership advises a no vote.

Box Ox

Brothers and Sisters, our Union either failed us or bargained the best that they could. We lost. A vote "No" will not do anything. The IBT has no strategy nor fight to continue to negotiate. For those who like the new agreement, you won. For those of us who see how this contract stinks, we lost. It's as simple as that.

Wow, good luck with that. people who refuse to stand up and fight for themselves get walked on their whole lives. Your next boss will treat you like :censored2: and you'll eat it right up. See you later.

What @shawnie cochran said. Ya got a hot wife or girlfriend, OP? If so, I'd like to swing by and take a shot at winning them over while you're still in that mindset.

A man should stand up and fight for anything worth protecting, even when the odds don't look good. If he doesn't, he's just gonna have stuff taken from him his entire life.

SoCalUPS

It was sarcasm. What I'm trying to say is our NO doesn't mean anything. We've been sold out. Prepare for it. You will not be kissed before you are screwed. Voting NO will not change anything. We are stuck with this deal. What I am going to do if this contract is shoved down our throats, I will be filing a charge with the labor board for failure of duty of fair representation.

jagger john

BrownRecycler

Shaming Union member against voting is inappropriate let alone telling fortune telling tale. Quit it.