Vote Your Shares

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I wish we could vote "No" on the micromanagement from people so far removed from Operations it's comical.

upschuck

I thought most of the Stock is owned by upsers and mgt....So How Much Is Actually Owned By Outside shareholder?
UPS management could own less than 10% of stock and still control all votes because of the 10-1 voting rights ratio between class A and Class B stock.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
As of December 2013, 23% of shares were Class A, 77% were Class B. I'm sure by today, the percent of Class B shares has increased.
Ownership doesn't equal control. The 23% of class A shares make up 75% of the voting power. Seems like B shares would be worth more if they had voting power.

BrownSuit

While I agree with the OP on the need to vote, ultimately read the ballot and make sure that you understand what's on there.

Not all of the proposals from Share owners are a bad thing. The only one that is a concern is the Class A Share voting, which keeps coming up. At the end of the day we need to keep the 10 votes, which is why the effort is out there to "Vote Your Shares". The other proposals when you read them, aren't all bad.

I would also encourage you to read the BoD bios. You don't necessarily have to vote for every Board of Director and it sends a message if enough people vote "NO" on specific ones.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
While I agree with the OP on the need to vote, ultimately read the ballot and make sure that you understand what's on there.

Not all of the proposals from Share owners are a bad thing. The only one that is a concern is the Class A Share voting, which keeps coming up. At the end of the day we need to keep the 10 votes, which is why the effort is out there to "Vote Your Shares". The other proposals when you read them, aren't all bad.

I would also encourage you to read the BoD bios. You don't necessarily have to vote for every Board of Director and it sends a message if enough people vote "NO" on specific ones.
My encouragement to vote shares was tongue in cheek. To my knowledge the BOD has never recommended a yes vote on a shareholder proposal. I find it humorous that they want our rubber stamp votes but don't really want any input.