Voted No, and live by D.C.? Please consider attending a rally

TimeForChange

Some unhappy UPS Teamster employees have announced that they will have a rally in front of the Teamster building in Washington, D.C. on Friday, July 12, at 10 a.m. They have a facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/396533717130996/

Their main point is that they don't like their health insurance being changed. Despite what some others have said, the health insurance changes can be reversed for members living in areas covered by the Supplements that were voted down.

thedownhillEXPRESS

The healthcare can be reversed; however, it will not be reversed.

I have a feeling this is going to get ugly for you guys.

The yes and no voters are both digging in their heels, and it seems like the IBT really doesn't have a clue as to how to proceed.

I would bet the no votes would only increase in the locals that voted this down vs the yes campaign, the teamsters who ignored the first round of voting in my opinion can be more easily swayed to vote no unless UPS really sweetens the pot.
And I sure don't think they are going to.
JMHO

kingOFchester

Walked out of the building last night after 7 with 4 other drivers. 4 of us voted no, and the 20 plus year driver would of voted no but never received a ballot even after requesting one from the local.

All 5 of us agreed that we would RATHER have our pay stay the same for the next 5 years, then to get a 3.90 raise and have our healthcare moved into Teamcare.

oldupsman

Walked out of the building last night after 7 with 4 other drivers. 4 of us voted no, and the 20 plus year driver would of voted no but never received a ballot even after requesting one from the local.

All 5 of us agreed that we would RATHER have our pay stay the same for the next 5 years, then to get a 3.90 raise and have our healthcare moved into Teamcare.

Yep. And don't worry KOC, you 5 are far from being alone. You got about another 125,000 or so on your side.

B-Brown

This is definitely needed! Everyone should be on the street fighting for their good healthcare. I am guessing TeamCare wasn't really explained to them. If they only knew how bad it was.