Voting on the contract electronically?

Box Ox

I don't think there'd be less reason to trust online voting/instant verification of vote receipt than sending a paper ballot in via snail mail and hoping that it both gets to its intended destination and is not mishandled somewhere in the process.

UPS Preloader

We voted on the changes to our pension fund by mail, phone or online. Did not increase the participation rates.

I don’t think you’ll see a significant increase, at least not the first time around. Those that don’t open the envelope still won’t open the envelope, so they won’t vote. And those that open the envelope will now have to take an extra step to vote? I don’t really see many doing that.

Delivered

It's funny.... that TDU is opposed to it.

-Bug-
I think TDU or any other entity would be warranted to have serious reservations about a process that included voting online in the wake of such data breaches like Equifax, Target, etc. The International Brotherhood of Teamsters isn't exactly a technology powerhouse when there are locals who don't have enough brain cells to put together a website. Yet those officials will be the ones overseeing the process

2m7X

F

Frankie's Friend

Sure. The Internet can be secure. Most people have learned to trust sites like amazon with their credit card info. I dont see why they cant make online voting happen
Lol. Funny guy.
Amazon notified me that my email snd debit card info was breached on my second purchace. That was my last purchase.

GameCockFan

I'm ok with it. I just don't understand the low participation levels especially from full time guys. I think I saw a break down of votes from my area and it was absymal. Like under 20%.