voting

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you received a ballot there is no way that the independent firm is going to know whether you are eligible or not. Make sure to vote "yes" and send it in.

Shadow999

I think a lot of employees will have to put off their retirement plans because of the increase in healthcare costs.
I am 62, halfway to 63. If this passes or not, it will have little effect on me. For future retirees it will have a detrimental effect. I believe that this is just the beginning when it comes to the amount that employees will have to pay after they retire. Also 4 years is way to long for an employee to have to wait to reach full pay.

Drink Craft Beer

I think a lot of employees will have to put off their retirement plans because of the increase in healthcare costs.
I am 62, halfway to 63. If this passes or not, it will have little effect on me. For future retirees it will have a detrimental effect. I believe that this is just the beginning when it comes to the amount that employees will have to pay after they retire. Also 4 years is way to long for an employee to have to wait to reach full pay.

Get ready to be attacked with:

"You're retired. You haven't read the contract. You don't know what it contains so why say damaging things about the TA when you haven't read it???????????"

Then you'll be asked via personal message to vote yes and send it in

Shadow999

No problem...Over the years I have read the contract numerous times. I have read the changes a couple of times, and I attended a union meeting a couple of weeks ago where we went over the contract and the supplement.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

More reason to make sure you are putting money away in your 401k and not relying on your pension solely.

The more money you stocked away, the less "detrimental" an increase in retiree costs will hurt you.

I'm up to 10% now and can't wait to ratchet it up another 2% when i get that 70 cent raise on August 1st.