VP-Rome A to run for General President of the IBT

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Some Old Guard "leaders" are abandoning hall and forming their own slate in 2016.

Rome A the Secretary-Treasurer of Local 853 in Northern California, Chairman of the Teamsters Health and Welfare Fund in California, Trustee of the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund, President of Joint Council 7 in San Francisco and International Vice-President at Large of the IBT will seek the presidency of the IBT in 2016.

He was seen at the 2014 Unity Conference in Las Vegas rounding up support. It appears the Southwest has verbally endorsed his candidacy; as have the majority of the locals that were moved from the company ran health plans to the inferior TEAMCARE plan following the disastrous UPS contract that was just implemented.

What are your thoughts brothers and sisters?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
In Southern California the locals are freely telling the members that they are supporting Rome. Some say that Ron H will be his running mate as to get the Latino vote in Southern California.

But I think this alliance has to do more with Hoffa and the IBT trying to tap into the Western Conference Pension Fund to save all the other ones.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I could honestly ask the drivers in my center what they thought about the next general election and I would get the same look I get from mgmnt when I point out the obvious.

Brown Spider

Pope Zuckerman. Lol. Aloise H. Lol. I think they should all run. The three way split will be great.

You think they should all run? Great! So do I! Umm...you do understand that an Aloise/H Hall/O'Brien split benefits Pope/Zuckerman, right? Similar to the Durham/Shea split that worked to Carey's benefit.