w2

mynameisrawkus

boss dog.
When and how do we get our w2 issued?

Please don't say on upsers because I have already tried to log into that adp site 20+ times and it says my information about me, does not match their information about me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Upstate will soon be here to tell u that u can just use your last pay stub of the year. This is true prob 99% of the time but just wait a few weeks you'll have it soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should be able to download it through upsers on or about 1/20. By law they have to be postmarked by 1/31.

You can use your last paystub as your W-2----just be sure to subtract your 401k contributions from your gross wage for your Federal taxes only.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You should be able to download it through upsers on or about 1/20. By law they have to be postmarked by 1/31.

You can use your last paystub as your W-2----just be sure to subtract your 401k contributions from your gross wage for your Federal taxes only.
Only traditional 401k not Roth.

UPSGUY72

When and how do we get our w2 issued?

Please don't say on upsers because I have already tried to log into that adp site 20+ times and it says my information about me, does not match their information about me.

You'll get in the mail by Jan 31. If you haven't heard The IRS isn't going to start processing taxes return till after Jan 30.

Kae3106

The final 2012 file will be sent to ADP in the next day or so for processing. I'll make a post when the W-2s are available on the ADP site.

S

serenity now

...... if you do file using your last paystub and there happens to be a slight difference with your W2 that dooms you into the nightmare of refiling, here's Upstate's home address so you can thank him personally:

UpstateNYUPSer
1040 Wonderful Way
Bubble of Goodness, NY 12901

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Every year, people get antsy about w-2s.

Jan 31.....after that date,then you can get antsy. Until then, chill out!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is no reason to wait for the paper version to arrive in your mailbox. You can download your W-2 through the ADP link on upsers.com on or about Jan. 20. You can also use your last paystub of the year to prepare your taxes and then wait for the W-2 to make sure the totals match exactly. If you use your paystub make sure you subtract your traditional 401k contributions from your Federal wages only to ensure you get the tax advantage and the proper refund.

My return is sitting there ready to file. I am just waiting on H&R Block to release the latest update (today) and will then file over the weekend during the football games.

"It's my money and I want it now!"

Nimnim

The Nim
There is no reason to wait for the paper version to arrive in your mailbox. You can download your W-2 through the ADP link on upsers.com on or about Jan. 20. You can also use your last paystub of the year to prepare your taxes and then wait for the W-2 to make sure the totals match exactly. If you use your paystub make sure you subtract your traditional 401k contributions from your Federal wages only to ensure you get the tax advantage and the proper refund.

My return is sitting there ready to file. I am just waiting on H&R Block to release the latest update (today) and will then file over the weekend during the football games.

"It's my money and I want it now!"

I always wait for it to show up on the ADP site, and it's usually around that date, which is still before UPS is required to have a paper copy postmarked and mailed to you. Just because it's a week or two into the new year does not mean all the internal paperwork is ready. If this was a business with 50 employees I could understand wondering the delay, but there's probably 1000 times that in the system they need to do paperwork for. They'll have it available before they're legally required but it takes time.