WAD may get you a suspension...

Nolimitz

Co-worker in my loop got a 1/2 day suspension essentially for WAD. He had a late bulk P1 stop (13 pcs). He explained to mgt. that he was only following DRA. They took it as insubordination. Since they have "mentioned" in the past the need to break route to make bulk P1's on time. Sounds like they want their cake and to eat it too. Needless to say our senior is a major D_ck.

DRAisawesome

Just like the messages that come through about 10. Please deliver the apple and anda medicine before 1030. Even if we leave the building late. Promises made to customers yet no communication or promises to employees. Laugh every time I see that. But still the best are the messages followed by #fedexpride

El Morado Diablo

Co-worker in my loop got a 1/2 day suspension essentially for WAD. He had a late bulk P1 stop (13 pcs). He explained to mgt. that he was only following DRA. They took it as insubordination. Since they have "mentioned" in the past the need to break route to make bulk P1's on time. Sounds like they want their cake and to eat it too. Needless to say our senior is a major D_ck.

I would GFT that just to make a point.

We've reached the point where we have so many conflicting "hoops" to jump through you can't possibly make it through them all without getting tripped up. When I've mentioned this to our Sr and asked, "How are we supposed to know which is the most important?" the answer has been, "They're all important."

overflowed

I would GFT that just to make a point.

We've reached the point where we have so many conflicting "hoops" to jump through you can't possibly make it through them all without getting tripped up. When I've mentioned this to our Sr and asked, "How are we supposed to know which is the most important?" the answer has been, "They're all important."
I had a co worker say during a meeting that management is actually getting in the way of us doing our jobs. It is getting to a ridiculous point.

dezguy

We have the same but are also told to use our best judgment.

You can't have it both ways. We don't have that DRA thing here but from everything I've read, our guys have been told to follow it to a T no matter how much it doesn't make sense. Then when it doesn't make sense and they follow what they've been told, they get suspended. It's a no win situation.

hypo hanna

Exactly! It was just as likely that he would have been suspended for using his best judgement and disregarding DRA. He should fight it.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
FedEx; a LOSE LOSE proposition - DAMNED if ya do, DAMNED if ya don't. It's sort of like being in boot camp where you can't possibly do the right thing - it's simply not permitted.

bbsam

Staff member
FedEx; a LOSE LOSE proposition - DAMNED if ya do, DAMNED if ya don't. It's sort of like being in boot camp where you can't possibly do the right thing - it's simply not permitted.

Oh. They can't give you OLCC's for that! They can't do that!

CJinx

Sounds like he had a choice between a dozen+ late packages and less than a dozen late packages, and he chose poorly.

The needs of the many and all that jazz.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh. They can't give you OLCC's for that! They can't do that!

You cannot be disciplined for WAD if you are simply doing what you are told. They want everything on their terms, even when they make the bad decisions. Sorry, but that doesn't fly. FedEx has become a lunatic asylum.

It takes practice to WAD correctly. The courier should have covered himself by sending dispatch a message stating he would be having p1 lates and needed help or by contacting his manager (via customer phone) and putting it back on them.