Wage doesn't seem right

1pocket73

The new contract states that second year drivers progress to $19.50 as opposed to the previous $18.45.Well,on this last check my wage is at $19.15(35 cents short).Anybody else seeing this? Should I mention something to my management or steward?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The new contract states that second year drivers progress to $19.50 as opposed to the previous $18.45.Well,on this last check my wage is at $19.15(35 cents short).Anybody else seeing this? Should I mention something to my management or steward?

If you came out under the previous contract, you would get THOSE wage increases at the scheduled times. So it would seem that you were overpaid, not underpaid. You're locked into the progression (length of time and pay schedule) of the contract you came out under, so you might make a few cents less now, but you'll reach full scale one year sooner

ManInBrown

How can you be on the new contract and already be at 2 years? It's not possible. If you already hit your two year anniversary you are on the old contract. And also a wage of $18.45 is the old contract. $18.75 is the new contract

upschuck

Yes, you should be making 19.50. Tell management you want it fixed on next weeks check, and back pay for the week(s) shorted. At my center the request needs to be in by Monday noon, or payroll cannot process for that week, so do it Monday morning. If that doesn't happen, talk to steward or BA, they will help you file a grievance for up to 90 days back.

upschuck

How can you be on the new contract and already be at 2 years? It's not possible. If you already hit your two year anniversary you are on the old contract. And also a wage of $18.45 is the old contract. $18.75 is the new contract
He means he is in years two, not completed year two.

ManInBrown

Does anyone have a straight answer on whether drivers on the old contract receive GWI while in progression? Because I didn't. And now I'm seeing on the board that some did. Time to talk to Stewart Monday

What is your seniority date Pocket? Sounds like you received the GWI.

1pocket73

I started driving Feb 2013 but didn't make seniority until March 10th 2013. According to the new contract,my wage should now be at $19.50.But there is another question at stake here.I fall into the 3 year progression because I was hired long before August 2013,which causes drivers to have to go through a 4 year progression now if they were hired after that date.So how does that come into play in my situation?

ManInBrown

I started driving Feb 2013 but didn't make seniority until March 10th 2013. According to the new contract,my wage should now be at $19.50.But there is another question at stake here.I fall into the 3 year progression because I was hired long before August 2013,which causes drivers to have to go through a 4 year progression now if they were hired after that date.So how does that come into play in my situation?
You are on the old contract. Not the new. You just got the GWI. When did you get that .70 cents? On the last check? I need to talk to my steward Monday

Inthegame

Does anyone have any info on the GWI? Do you only receive it in certain locals, while in progression?
If you're on the three year progression you should receive GWI's according to NM 41 Sec 1. If you're on 4 yr, you do not receive GWI's but move to the progression increases.

1pocket73

What is GWI? Pardon my ignorance.What will my wage be when I start my 3rd year then? Man in brown,I got that increase last check.

ManInBrown

If you're on the three year progression you should receive GWI's according to NM 41 Sec 1. If you're on 4 yr, you do not receive GWI's but move to the progression increases.
On the old contract and never got the GWI. LOL. Cant make it up. And when the GWI was given last August I was expecting it, and Stewart told me that we do not receive it. At the time I didn't think he was correct but I let it go. Was just happy to be on 3 year progression.

saintrick

Do not look at the new contract progression it has nothing to do with your situation.

You just moved to 19.15 due to the passing of the 710. The .70 comes from the GWI (general wage increase) on 8/1/2014.
You will get .70 retro pay from 8/1/2013 till when you moved to 18.45.
You will get .70 retro pay from 8/1/2014 till you move to 19.15
You will move to 20.75 in March at your two year.
On August 1 2015 you will get the GWI .70 to 21.45
You will move to top rate on your 3 year date.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Does anyone have a straight answer on whether drivers on the old contract receive GWI while in progression? Because I didn't. And now I'm seeing on the board that some did. Time to talk to Stewart Monday

What is your seniority date Pocket? Sounds like you received the GWI.
On the old contract and never got the GWI. LOL. Cant make it up. And when the GWI was given last August I was expecting it, and Stewart told me that we do not receive it. At the time I didn't think he was correct but I let it go. Was just happy to be on 3 year progression.

For crying out loud, his name is Stuart, and tell him I said hello.