Wages: Lets get to the facts

DRAisawesome

Just starting a thread to get the word out for people that are trolling this site for advice or what to expect at FedEx. I know don't put your exact pay or years of service because yes I'm sure management is looking at this site. This should be interesting to say the least. Ground drivers put your per hour rate or daily rate with your avg hours per day.

I'll start. $15.50 with 7-9 years of service at express. That amounts to $32,240 annually. You can determine if that is a livable wage or not.

dezguy

I'm above $25 with 10-15 years in. Of course in Canada, we're getting a better deal than you guys because we don't have the RLA holding us back from unionizing. FedEx can still screw around with us but know that they can't too much without the threat of us organizing. That being said, I'm still probably 5-10 years from top out.

Edit: I'd also like to say $15.50 after 10 years with the company is a freaking joke. You guys are getting it bad down there...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just starting a thread to get the word out for people that are trolling this site for advice or what to expect at FedEx. I know don't put your exact pay or years of service because yes I'm sure management is looking at this site. This should be interesting to say the least. Ground drivers put your per hour rate or daily rate with your avg hours per day.

I'll start. $15.50 with 7-9 years of service at express. That amounts to $32,240 annually. You can determine if that is a livable wage or not.

What to expect at FedEx? Nothing good.

FedExRookie

For an 'unskilled' position that is not bad. As a single person that is livable.

We are getting the shaft, that's why I'm out the door after I graduate!

dezguy

For an 'unskilled' position that is not bad. As a single person that is livable.

We are getting the shaft, that's why I'm out the door after I graduate!

$15.50 after almost a decade with the company is ridiculous, especially when the guy next to you is making $10/hour more just because they started before you and got to top out in a reasonable amount of time. Also considering UPS is making $30+/hour for a related job. Do I expect us to make as much as UPS? No, but we should be within the ball park.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm above $25 with 10-15 years in. Of course in Canada, we're getting a better deal than you guys because we don't have the RLA holding us back from unionizing. FedEx can still screw around with us but know that they can't too much without the threat of us organizing. That being said, I'm still probably 5-10 years from top out.

Edit: I'd also like to say $15.50 after 10 years with the company is a freaking joke. You guys are getting it bad down there...
Looks like Fred's ass kissing deal with politicians to keep us in the RLA is paying off. He's such a crooked bastard. If it wasn't for that there would not be any 20+ years to reach top out, union or no union. Plus the wages would be closer to the Canadian wages and what UPS drivers make.

dezguy

Looks like Fred's ass kissing deal with politicians to keep us in the RLA is paying off. He's such a crooked bastard. If it wasn't for that there would not be any 20+ years to reach top out, union or no union. Plus the wages would be closer to the Canadian wages and what UPS drivers make.

Yeah but like I said, it's still going to take me upwards of 20 years in to hit our top wage and that's with me having gotten at least a 6.6 review every year since I started. Wage progression at FedEx is an absolute joke and the only way to combat it is to unionize.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah but like I said, it's still going to take me upwards of 20 years in to hit our top wage and that's with me having gotten at least a 6.6 review every year since I started. Wage progression at FedEx is an absolute joke and the only way to combat it is to unionize.

Agreed. Smith will never pay a penny more than he has to for labor. A union is the only way to force him to the bargaining table. The pilots realized this and acted accordingly.

Serf

Well what region of the country do you live in? Because you are getting double minimum wage right now.

MAKAVELI

Well what region of the country do you live in? Because you are getting double minimum wage right now.
Do you not understand this is not a minimum wage job? We are not flipping burgers bro. I understand you are ignorant because you are not a courier and do not understand what the job entails but try to get the concept of wage progression. FedEx wants top level productivity and professionalism, while paying well below industry standards.

Serf

Do you not understand this is not a minimum wage job? We are not flipping burgers bro. I understand you are ignorant because you are not a courier and do not understand what the job entails but try to get the concept of wage progression. FedEx wants top level productivity and professionalism, while paying well below industry standards.

Correct it is not a minimum wage job. And ignorant? Depends. I did not go to the University of Courier school. But when short handed, not only do I do pickups, I do P2 routes. I guess I taught myself and when management asked I said yes because it was easy money. They have not asked me to do P1 stops yet, so I will try not and get too offended. Also, all pay is relative to location.

MAKAVELI

Correct it is not a minimum wage job. And ignorant? Depends. I did not go to the University of Courier school. But when short handed, not only do I do pickups, I do P2 routes. I guess I taught myself and when management asked I said yes because it was easy money. They have not asked me to do P1 stops yet, so I will try not and get too offended. Also, all pay is relative to location.
Oh wow! A P2 route! When you do a full route including FO, PO, P2, multiple zip codes , pu in a 10- 11 hour day then you will not be so ignorant. Pay is not relative to location when there is no wage progression and benefits cut every year. There is no excuse for a multi $billion company to treat it's frontline workers with such disdain. Especially when it " claims " to be one of the best companies to work for.

bbsam

Staff member
How exactly do you determine "industry standards"? Relative to UPS or delivery drivers as a whole.

MAKAVELI

How exactly do you determine "industry standards"? Relative to UPS or delivery drivers as a whole.
Our competitors. As their job classification and duties are the most similar to ours. And for the record I don't think we should be paid UPS wages and benefits but we should be competitive.

Serf

Oh wow! A P2 route! When you do a full route including FO, PO, P2, multiple zip codes , pu in a 10- 11 hour day then you will not be so ignorant. Pay is not relative to location when there is no wage progression and benefits cut every year. There is no excuse for a multi $billion company to treat it's frontline workers with such disdain. Especially when it " claims " to be one of the best companies to work for.

I am illustrating that nobody taught me how to be a courier. I just went out and did it. With enough time, I could do FO and PO. My day is 8 hours on average. Sometimes it has been 10-11 hrs. No big deal. And I go to the airport at night. With a 900 packed nut to butt. I will agree somewhat that FedEx treats most with disdain. They still have a good rep in the public eye. And it is one of the best companies to work for. Waste Management, Cintas, Shredd-it, Best Buy, B.J.'s are all best corporations to work for and operate on a similar platform.

MAKAVELI

I am illustrating that nobody taught me how to be a courier. I just went out and did it. With enough time, I could do FO and PO. My day is 8 hours on average. Sometimes it has been 10-11 hrs. No big deal. And I go to the airport at night. With a 900 packed nut to butt. I will agree somewhat that FedEx treats most with disdain. They still have a good rep in the public eye. And it is one of the best companies to work for. Waste Management, Cintas, Shredd-it, Best Buy, B.J.'s are all best corporations to work for and operate on a similar platform.
Nobody gets taught how to be a courier. We all learned on the job as the training they give is worthless. I'm sorry but you have no clue as to what a courier is expected to do on a daily basis. You are basically a handler that drives a shuttle to the ramp. Not much thinking involved in that.