Wal-Mart Saturday Delivery

The Youngin' Of It All

Just went to do the delivery for the Wal-Mart store on my route and it was a complete disaster. No one in shipping and receiving to sign for packages and customer service of course is in the front of the store. Gave me an attitude why I didn't bring it to the back. Went out with 40 P/U at store packages today. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea going forward? This whole working with Wal-Greens, Wal-Mart, etc. and contractor relationship isn't getting any easier. What if we get 100 pieces on a Saturday for a p700? Better start thinking of upgrading to those 1000's for 2020... just saying. Peak will be a laughing stock this year.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just went to do the delivery for the Wal-Mart store on my route and it was a complete disaster. No one in shipping and receiving to sign for packages and customer service of course is in the front of the store. Gave me an attitude why I didn't bring it to the back. Went out with 40 P/U at store packages today. Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea going forward? This whole working with Wal-Greens, Wal-Mart, etc. and contractor relationship isn't getting any easier. What if we get 100 pieces on a Saturday for a p700? Better start thinking of upgrading to those 1000's for 2020... just saying. Peak will be a laughing stock this year.
Sounds like trying to deliver walmart during the week.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
How about delivering to the Amazon warehouse? Is it as bad as Walmart? I never had one in my area. Do they require you to walk all over hell and breakfast to different departments?

upschuck

How about delivering to the Amazon warehouse?
Fill a trailer up, and the feeder department drops it off on their property, then in a few days, pick-up all the misloads. Used to have UPS employees unload and scan, but now they are scanned going into the trailer.

BROWNCAT

The receiver at the Walmart on my route to told me yesterday that they've just changed their schedule to work Saturdays full day instead of half a day like they used to, he will get a whole day off on Thursday now, instead of half a day and half a day Saturdays (they are 2 receivers there). Not a big deal for me because I dont work saturdays, but we will see later on when saturday ground goes live in my center.

McFeely

Huge Member
On Saturdays at Walmart I go up front and when they tell me that they can’t accept packages up there I just ask for their name so I can put down who refuses the shipment.

Their tune changes pretty quickly.

God, I’m glad there isn’t a Walmart on my regular route.

It will be fine

On Saturdays at Walmart I go up front and when they tell me that they can’t accept packages up there I just ask for their name so I can put down who refuses the shipment.

Their tune changes pretty quickly.

God, I’m glad there isn’t a Walmart on my regular route.
New rules that were supposed to start today, normal receiving area for site to store ground deliveries on saturday.

whenIgetthere

Wal-Marts here don't accept anything on Saturday, at receiving or customer service. They are marked Closed in e-notes and they go under the belt. If I have anything for the Subway or Eye Glass store inside, I do take those out for delivery.